We are being taken for mugs

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: We are being taken for mugs

Post by Rossgo »

If a family man has to pay their share of tax then so do the rich not hide their money away or have loop holes where they can pay small amount of it. They can afford to pay their 40% if we can afford to pay 20%, the people who are just affording rent food and bills and millionaires are just about affording their Lamborghini's, 5th holiday homes and their first class tickets to anywhere non the world I'm sure they could afford to pay s little more than basic wage.as for the endless supply of kids, not all of them are like that sometimes it comes as a mistake but the father won't just wall away from the mother of their kid and maybe he wants to do what's right for them both so he works all hours of the day to provide.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:They're not paying their share of tax, that's the whole point of this thread.
Then you change the law to cover the issue...you're sure as hell not going to change the people.

And I stand by my earlier point...they pay what is asked, same as anyone else does.

But go ahead and humor me...tell me, what exactly is 'their share'??
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:How are these rich people shitting on people??....they're asked to pay a certain amount of tax and they pay it...what are they expected to do...pay more than what is asked?? And if so, then how much more....are they supposed to pay more just because they're a bit smarter and have their shit together??
These blokes whose 'lives come crumbling down' should maybe keep their dicks in their collective pants instead of spewing out an endless supply of unwanted kids and then expecting other people to pick up the tab for it.
they are using loopholes to get out of paying their share of tax thats the point, its immoral and wrong especially if your in a position of trust like a politician for example.Some people in this fooked up world still have family values and morals and like to pay their fair share into society
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

D41 wrote:
Kwacky wrote:They're not paying their share of tax, that's the whole point of this thread.
Then you change the law to cover the issue...you're sure as hell not going to change the people.

And I stand by my earlier point...they pay what is asked, same as anyone else does.

Since its mainly those either in power or funding the main political parties, they aren't likely to change the law.

Their share is the same as everyone elses has to be.

Successive governments have raided savings, earnings and pension funds of ordinary workers but not touched a penny of the wealthiest.

These scams are worked out by lawyers and accountants and made so difficult to challenge by hiding stuff, they know HMRC does not have the manpower or money to confront them.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Obviously they were all doing quite a lot wrong since Panama is changing its working ways.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-35983950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Hey Duke, how about I become your client and you get me in on one of these 1% tax schemes. I'm a bit over paying 49% on the top end of my earnings and any overtime or bonuses!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

duke63 wrote:
D41 wrote:

Since its mainly those either in power or funding the main political parties, they aren't likely to change the law.

Their share is the same as everyone elses has to be.

Successive governments have raided savings, earnings and pension funds of ordinary workers but not touched a penny of the wealthiest.

These scams are worked out by lawyers and accountants and made so difficult to challenge by hiding stuff, they know HMRC does not have the manpower or money to confront them.
You still haven't told me what their share is....same as everyone else how....same amount, same tax rate??
Someone making millions pays a ton more tax than Joe Public selling burgers....under Labour in the 70's the tax rate for high earners jumped to 98% at one point!! So those who are wealthy get punished for being smarter than average....nice idea!! No wonder they jumped ship and took their money with them...and then the Govt. gets nowt and has to rely on who's left.
And who voted that Govt. in?? I think you already know the answer to that one.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Why is some one with wealth smarter than sombody less well off ?
markrsvr15
Your Bike: aprilia rsvr

Post by markrsvr15 »

I think it's daft that you should pay more tax the more you earn not smarter but they have just done well in life why should you be punished for doing well in life?

Am self employed after 40k or something anything g after that I have to pay 40% why should I have to 40% because I grafted me arse off all year.

My lass is part time they don't know that so am paying extra because I worked hard stupid
D41

Post by D41 »

Perkles wrote:Why is some one with wealth smarter than sombody less well off ?
Sorry...my bad. Not smarter.....better! :D

Smarter/better/call-it-what-you-will at making money....which like it or not is how most people just others...the acquisition and accumulation of personal wealth.
All people are NOT created equal...or if they are, then some are more equal than others.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I have no problem paying the higher rate of tax but would prefer for my taxes to be spent on schools, hospitals, roads, fire service, police etc. Not spending billions on wars and bailing out bankers
D41

Post by D41 »

Wars??

Impossible to calculate the cost of.....an armed force costs an indeterminable amount whether it is sitting on it's arse or storming the beaches.....it's a Mars Bar....costs a quid whether you eat it or not.

Doncha just love the analogy??
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

If you go to war, you lose men and machines. You use munitions, you have transport costs, extra food, medicals and equipment.

How on earth is a war the same cost as not a war.

Terrible trolling Darren, you're better than that/
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:
Perkles wrote:Why is some one with wealth smarter than sombody less well off ?
Sorry...my bad. Not smarter.....better! :D

Smarter/better/call-it-what-you-will at making money....which like it or not is how most people just others...the acquisition and accumulation of personal wealth.
All people are NOT created equal...or if they are, then some are more equal than others.
Depends on what value you put on monetary wealth ,I'd rather have my health,family and friends than loads of money.I Don't feel any less worthy than the super rich wealthy man next to me,any idiot can win the lottery or inherit riches
People in this country are fed up of the politicians with their greedy noses in the trough, I think that's the point of this thread.
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:If you go to war, you lose men and machines. You use munitions, you have transport costs, extra food, medicals and equipment.

How on earth is a war the same cost as not a war.

Terrible trolling Darren, you're better than that/
OUCH!!.....Kwacky played the troll card!

You have a point....you can't put a monetary price on human life....but others will, you can count on that.
And if war teaches us anything at all, it is that human life is not worth very much...

BUT...neither can you calculate the cost in terms of materiel...it's stuff that you have already paid for...you'll replace gear that gets used/lost....but with newer and more expensive gear...or you'll fix what has been broken. You don't need extra food....I think it was TonyB on here who sent me an MRE to sample at my pleasure....trust me, you won't want it...'cept maybe the Yorkie Bar.....military-grade Yorkie Bar, I might add. (muscle)

I stand by by statement, it is impossible to calculate the cost of a war....if it were, the 'estimates' would not vary so greatly as they do.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Have a look at this link prepared by Private Eye in 2014.

Download the excel spreadsheet listing all the property registered as owned by offshore companies.

Sometimes i really do wish the western world would go bust so all these **** lost everything.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/registry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Is any of London left in the hands of the locals?
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Doubtful. Are there even any Londoners living in London anymore?
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Makes you realise the true extent of tax avoidance and evasion amongst the wealthiest on the Planet and how that must impact on all our daily lives.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I can't see the obsession with acquiring so much wealth. I have no problem if people want to get rich, but surely there's a point at which it makes feck all difference to your life?