We are being taken for mugs

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

We are being taken for mugs

Post by duke63 »

No wonder the western world is broke.

72 current and former heads of State. (facepalm)

I wonder how many UK residents are included here? And how much of the tax they have evaded would be needed to pay off the UK debt?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-35918844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: We are being taken for mugs

Post by Kwacky »

I can't say I'm surprised. People are obsessed with monetary wealth and possessions. We're told from day 1 to get money and buy branded goods. It's not a modern problem.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I think an extremely large percentage of users of the type of schemes offered by this Panamanian company aren't interested in money for its ability to buy nice things, they are interested in money for the power it offers. Any depletion of their personal reserves by taxation etc reduces their power and ability to influence people and events. There is no lawful reason to use schemes of this nature other than not wanting to pay your due taxes in full in your country of residence. Period.

I have nothing but contempt for these people and I hope they lose everything. (They won't of course, their money/power will see to to that).
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Look at the way that "money" is created , we must be mugs to stand for that or believe that it is in any way sustainable
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

That is a long article!!
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Deegee wrote:I think an extremely large percentage of users of the type of schemes offered by this Panamanian company aren't interested in money for its ability to buy nice things, they are interested in money for the power it offers. Any depletion of their personal reserves by taxation etc reduces their power and ability to influence people and events. There is no lawful reason to use schemes of this nature other than not wanting to pay your due taxes in full in your country of residence. Period.

I have nothing but contempt for these people and I hope they lose everything. (They won't of course, their money/power will see to to that).
I think that is probably true.

At what point does on person or family feel they have all the material possessions they could ever want but still they chase more? They just want more to feed their egos and the power it gives them over others.

If i came into a fortune, I would just go and live a quiet life in a warm country and do what i wanted when i wanted.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Over 11 million documents leaked and a massive 5 or 6 dozen people are 'suspected'....does this automatically mean they are guilty??

Surely if there were some hard evidence then charges would have been brought...or is this another case of scaremongering the public into believing something based upon dubious 'evidence'...hearsay.....guilty until proven innocent, etc.

Ooops....my bad...it's the BBC...it must be gospel truth. /yawn.

Sceptic Yank...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's not a BBC story, this is an international story involving more than 200 countries.

Charges haven't been thought of yet as the papers are being reviewed. You can't scan 11 million documents over a cup of tea.

You need to read the link before having a pop. This is from the BBC article:-

Eleven million documents held by the Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca have been passed to German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung, which then shared them with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists. BBC Panorama is among 107 media organisations - including UK newspaper the Guardian - in 76 countries which have been analysing the documents. The BBC doesn't know the identity of the source
duke63

Post by duke63 »

These people are very wealthy because they choose to either evade or avoid tax. When the ordinary bod in the street is the biggest cog in the whole wheel of capitalism, why should he/she pay the tax due when the wealthiest don't?

Tax should be an obligation not an option especially when the western Nations are so massively in debt.

It riles me so much because this is part of my job and the taxman is getting ever harder on small business and tax payers as apparently they need every penny.
Yet big business and the wealthiest are left well alone.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

We should all take a leaf out of their book and set up an off shore company to pay our wages into.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Kwacky wrote:We should all take a leaf out of their book and set up an off shore company to pay our wages into.
Think I remember reading about a village that did exactly that
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Kwacky wrote:We should all take a leaf out of their book and set up an off shore company to pay our wages into.
but you have already paid the tax on your wages before you get them if you're PAYE
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:It's not a BBC story, this is an international story involving more than 200 countries.

Charges haven't been thought of yet as the papers are being reviewed. You can't scan 11 million documents over a cup of tea.

You need to read the link before having a pop. This is from the BBC article:-

Eleven million documents held by the Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca have been passed to German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung, which then shared them with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists. BBC Panorama is among 107 media organisations - including UK newspaper the Guardian - in 76 countries which have been analysing the documents. The BBC doesn't know the identity of the source
Sorry. but the link most definitely IS a BBC story, and I did read the link....it's quoting (as you yourself point out) yet another story from another source...at some point from a strictly legal viewpoint this would become 'hearsay' in a court of law. And this is what is in effect the crux of the issue....what CAN be proved versus what is alleged...whether it be true or not is irrelevant at the end of the day from a legal standing.
Also...the BBC doesn't know the identity of the source???....That's ridiculous from an ethical standpoint. I mean seriously...that's such a cop-out it's almost laughable.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

What are you on about?

Documents were passed to the ICIJ who then shared it with 107 media organisations one of which were BBC Panorama.
D41

Post by D41 »

D6 wrote:What are you on about?

Documents were passed to the ICIJ who then shared it with 107 media organisations one of which were BBC Panorama.
So?? More copies of the same stuff does not make it any more accurate.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

these people have no morals and the worst thing is they are running countries,cameron is denying all knowledge of his fathers antics.They are so brazen now ,they just dont give a shit
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cameron has a very short memory

Prime Minister David Cameron today branded the tax arrangement of comedian Jimmy Carr "morally wrong" after it emerged he was using a scheme which allows the wealthy to pay as little as one per cent of their income.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... wrong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

1% tax...WTF these are the guys that are paying minim wage to fathers who are trying to deal with working 2-3 jobs and there kids aren't even seeing them, wives are leaving them because they don't see their fellas and the blokes lives come crumbling down because their the ones trying to get things sorted for their young families. Makes me fumming, rich just want to get richer and they don't care who they shit on
D41

Post by D41 »

How are these rich people shitting on people??....they're asked to pay a certain amount of tax and they pay it...what are they expected to do...pay more than what is asked?? And if so, then how much more....are they supposed to pay more just because they're a bit smarter and have their shit together??
These blokes whose 'lives come crumbling down' should maybe keep their dicks in their collective pants instead of spewing out an endless supply of unwanted kids and then expecting other people to pick up the tab for it.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

They're not paying their share of tax, that's the whole point of this thread.