What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Frankie »

(puke) (sweat) (blush) Feeling ill still :( had a meeting first thing in Colchester this morning, felt iffy, did meeting felt really unwell.
Would have been back hours ago if not for the dumb muppet who tipped his truck over this morning on the M25.
Sad thing is I saw him while I was heading out this morning, had thrown a load of sand over into my carriageway on the other side of the m25....
Was still causing mayhem on the way back, needless to say I made a large detour to try and avoid the mess.
I think today has to go down as the worse for cars crumpled on the roads, ever! Can't believe how many I saw today :(

Glad I am home, right I think I need to go visit Percy again :( (blush) (puke) :S (facepalm)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Look at it on the bright side Frankie, it could have been tomorrow - when I'm going round to Colnbrook, I've been working in East Anglia most of this week, so escaped a lot of the stupidity on that cursed M25.

P.S. Sorry you're still feeling a bit moby.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Cheers mate, tomorrow will be office day for me, still feel icky...so at least I will be close to the essentials ha ha.
I will think of you Mate battling all the muppets on the 25 & m4, ....Colnbrook, man not been through there for a while
Have fun, on a Friday to boot! :(
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Look in the "Venting" thread tomorrow for the usual M25 nonsense and suicide jockeys. ;)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I appear to have Frankie's man flu.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:Please. I'll be hungry Sunday night when I get there.

Ta.
If your in late and want something quick you could take a 5 min walk onto riverside complex where there is plenty of bars and restuarant chains like Frankie & Bennys, Nandos, Belle Italia, Chinese buffet etc.

If you don't mind walking a little further there is

http://middletons-shg.co.uk/restaurants/norwich/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theedithcavell.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.merchantsofspice.co.uk/home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.rogerhickmansrestaurant.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thebelgianmonk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ive been the first 3 listed above and decent food. Last 2 I've not eaten in but mates recommended.

Hopefully of some help and I believe there is a good selection of beers and ales in the Belgian Monk if that's of interest.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You're a star, thank you.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So we arrived safely. Got to our hotel, got into our room which is very nice and big. It is a ground floor room which is different to what we usually ask for or want, but this holiday is for a sunny Spain relax with activities thrown in. Which the place we are in ticks all the right boxes so we are pretty happy with that.

Seems to have a number of German people here with only a few English people that I have noticed at the moment it's pretty funny because they come up to us and speak German and we just smile and nod and laugh!! I thought us British were bad when it came to thinking everyone spoke English. Which we tend to take for granted most of the time in my opinion!

Although tonight I have had the worst nights sleep ever. I have probably only had a 4 hours sleep maximum but some numb nuts screwed up our air-con. Literally dripping wet last night...the fella who installed it must of got the connections wrong...so what is cold is hot, what is hot is hot and what is nothing even on the dial is cold! Great! What makes it worse is woke up at 0230 stayed up for an hour sorting it out and standing outside the room because it was cool. I have only had an hour or so on and off sleeping because my partner got back to sleep but really really heavy breathing. She only does this when she's very tired eg she's been out with her mates for a night etc. So I think today I am going to be very grouchy and possibly even have some kip on the sun lounger! Haha

On a plus note my partner figured out the Wi-Fi...use it when no-one else is on it...it's working perfectly now!!

Going to book up a few activities today. They have karting, doom buggys in the hills/ Mars like landscape and maybe even a boat trip, there the things I want to do I think my partner has her list as well!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Just seen a handful of joggers going past running along the coast. I must admit it is beautiful I am sitting outside sipping on a glass of cold pineapple juice listening to the waves rolling on to our little beach ...and some more joggers are jogging past, love it, at peace for a week [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

I wore jeans on my commute. Big mistake. I think they sucked up all of the mist on my route. The mist froze on my gloves and jacket and my pinlock didn't work. All in all....worst commute ever.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's incredibly foggy around Coventry this morning.

Rossgo, enjoy your well deserved time off.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Blade wrote:
http://www.thebelgianmonk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ive been the first 3 listed above and decent food. Last 2 I've not eaten in but mates recommended.

Hopefully of some help and I believe there is a good selection of beers and ales in the Belgian Monk if that's of interest.
Food is good. If I remember from my rosé cider induced haze.
Had a Christmas do there once. Things got messy!
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Last day in L.A. then fly home friday 5:30pm local time. And land 12:15 saturday uk time. Bye bye weekend
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Working from home, which has been surprisingly productive.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Its Mrs Gee's birthday on Monday so myself, mini gee and his mate (who's weekending with us) will be off to do a bit of shopping, plus we'll be hitting our favourite butchers for tonight's and tomorrow's meal, plus we might fit in a spot of lunch at the new Mexican place that's just opened up as well.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

This cold has completely wiped me out. I went to bed at about 5 yesterday and have slept on and off since then. I'm still in bed and completely drained of energy. The weekend has been cancelled. We'll have to celebrate our anniversary another time.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Today booking up some trips. Hopefully booking them up. Sounds like we will be doing it all through the phone from reception. I don't tend to mind buying trips from tour operators in the hotel although I know that if you go into town you can usually get the trips a little cheaper. Only time will tell if we can book spaces with the small amount of time left on this holiday.
Oh and on a side note we got a room upgrade to the nicest suite in the hotel for less than half price because after a little conversation in the morning we realised we didn't really like being on ground floor with people walking past...if you r want to chill out on our balcony in our panties we can do now!! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
OK we are room snobs!! But there are our views now!
ImageImage
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm jealous
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Me too.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Well didn't go to plan! Spanish people are so relaxed, ring up and they say we will get in touch in 5 mins what they mean is they won't bother at all...so we got a taxi...which was a piss take in itself...we had a taxi come up to us and say did you ring for a taxi we said yes and what did they do...stay here a minute just going to turn around...and off they drove...without us!! Rang up for another taxi and the guy questioned us making sure we were the guys who rang up for one...got to love it!!

So what happened next got to town looked at a excursion place which didn't really look legit...when we asked the guy had no idea what we were saying...looked more like an internet cafe with some brouchers...so asked a rent a car place and the lady spoke prefect English and told us the prefect place for booking trips...we walked up to the said place and talked to the lady on the counter...what was her response, I'm very sorry but my partner isn't here today so I can't book up trips for you if you comeback tomorrow he can sort you out!! Hahahaha!! If this was another holiday I would be amazingly pissed off as we like our trips and to see what is around the area...but somehow we are pretty laid back about it all and now chilling with pineapple juice around the pool sunning ourselves with (for the moment) prefect Wi-Fi!! Hahaha