Rossgo's Saviour!!

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: Rossgo's Saviour!!

Post by Frankie »

First off nice one mate, I hope you get what you want out of it, all new things can feel intimidating to start with, as you already know, plan your work and work your plan, you will be fine. :)

Now onto serious notes, stop knocking Harley riders... I have had a few myself, there is nothing wrong them,,,, really ;)
I made a few people look stupid riding mine in the past ha ha.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers Frankie yes I agree it will be over whelming at first but when it's be comes routine there will be no worries!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Frankie wrote:
Now onto serious notes, stop knocking Harley riders... I have had a few myself, there is nothing wrong them,,,, really ;)
I made a few people look stupid riding mine in the past ha ha.

Comment of the thread haha haha! Sorry couldn't resist having a lottle dig at Harley riders!! It had to be said [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] lmao!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Starting a shift tonight shadowing one of the track Marshall's. Looking forward to it. Need a shower and then got to leave, start in just over an hour!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Have fun
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:Starting a shift tonight shadowing one of the track Marshall's. Looking forward to it. Need a shower and then got to leave, start in just over an hour!
Enjoy mate (y)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Good luck buddy... when you get your feet under the table a bit we could all come and give you a visit?! Just don't black flag us as it is a contact sport and you know it !!!
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Good luck Rossgo, hope you enjoy it mate.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

good luck dood
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Chuffed to bits you're doing something you want to do and that makes you happy! Have a great time Rossgo!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks fellas. IT was a good shift. Shattered now though! It's so quick paced it's unbelievable I thought q first I was just slow but the guy I was with said everyone's the same at first! There was this girl who kept on sliding out (on a 2 hour team race) problem was it was because she wasn't going fast enough to get to keep the tyres warm haha!! I thought at one stage she was going to cry when she hit the barriers. We had s lot of karts driving around next to us but we heard her scream when she crashed scared the crap out of me to be honest!! I thought she had broken something with that yell!! Needless to say she was OK it was just a shock to her!!

Next shift is Wednesday
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav could arrange something at some point but at the moment I think OT will be a few months until I'm confident doing this role and that I'd only if I make it that long. It seems (after talking to staff) it's very much a do or die environment. The people that do are very good at what they do, the people who die either leave or get sacked!
Cav

Post by Cav »

Glad it went well mate.. you seem pretty upbeat about it which is good!

Of course, I didn't mean next week or something! :) I was just putting it out there as a future possibility.

I love the 2 hour endurance races, we do them at work but there are numerous very good people. If there's a team with 3 good people then they've pretty much won. We typically have me and one other that are pretty good then 2 average people. Because I know we aren't likely to win I always go for the fastest lap which I sometimes get! :P
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Glad you're enjoying it Rossgo. Just a thought though: you've met a lot of the Tankslap crew do you really want them turning up where you work (fubar) (lol)
Cav

Post by Cav »

...There's always that argument (wasntme) (party) (lol)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Great to hear your first shift went without a hitch Rossgo, if you feel shattered after it then there is a good chance that they will have been pleased with the effort you put in.?
Does your job involve maintaining the track & carts when the events are not running, or are will you simply be front of house.?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:Glad it went well mate.. you seem pretty upbeat about it which is good!

Of course, I didn't mean next week or something! :) I was just putting it out there as a future possibility.

I love the 2 hour endurance races, we do them at work but there are numerous very good people. If there's a team with 3 good people then they've pretty much won. We typically have me and one other that are pretty good then 2 average people. Because I know we aren't likely to win I always go for the fastest lap which I sometimes get! :P
Never done the endurance race personally. It looked pretty cool but the staff aren't too happy when they are on because they don't get a break for those 2 hours lol!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

DaytonAndy wrote:Glad you're enjoying it Rossgo. Just a thought though: you've met a lot of the Tankslap crew do you really want them turning up where you work (fubar) (lol)
Haha very true!! I think I will prob bump into a few people I know, I swear last night one of the customers was a guy from the IAM group I'm with but as I was on track I didn't really make an effort to find out lol!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:Great to hear your first shift went without a hitch Rossgo, if you feel shattered after it then there is a good chance that they will have been pleased with the effort you put in.?
Does your job involve maintaining the track & carts when the events are not running, or are will you simply be front of house.?
I hope so. It was very quick paced think it tool IT out of me even more than normal to be honest. Well when training to become an RD it would involve light maintenance of the karts and track. As an example last night there was an accident I came running out with the guy I was shadowing sorted out the accident and the guy behind me said his throttle had gone!! The RD had to come over and drive it back to pits and replace the throttle cable. I didn't get to see what exactly went into it all but he was working on it for a while and then had to test drive the kart. They had a couple of mechanics on shift last night so unsure why they couldn't of dealt with it. Not that I would complain by doing such a job but IT seemed like the RD had a lot of jobs to get on with.

Don't get me wrong I may not suit being an RD as he really did have his hands in all areas. Maybe it just comes down to learning the job and when you have a routine you just fall into line.

One thing that made me a tad nervous was the staff were all saying that they wouldn't be finishing until around 1130 last night I was lucky I was on a training shift so finished at 10!! If I find it had a serious impact on my main job then I would have to end the contract with the karting track
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

A summer time tankslap evening sounds in order to me :D