Rossgo's Test Day

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Rossgo's Test Day

Post by Rossgo »

So today was the day!!

After a year and a bit of training I had it. I arranged it a few weeks back about a week after my cross check and when I applied it took all of 2 days before an examiner got in touch to arrange the test! I was gobsmacked how quickly it took off! He had a free slot about a week after on a Friday however because I couldn't get the day off work I had to schedule it for this week, which wasn't a bad thing in the end what with all the ice that was about etc

So the meet time was 10AM and my observer agreed to meet me before to ride up together and take a observed ride before (had to travel around 30miles to meet point so was a good opportunity). As I was pulling out of the petrol station with my observer I stalled it!! I thought oh no I hope this doesn't happen on my test! But luckily that wasn't the theme of the day!!

So we got to the meet point (Hanger Cafe), everything went well getting there. Met up with the examiner had a 30 min brief and 10 minute checking the bike over making sure everything was legal and going over POWDDERS checks. He was happy with everything so off we went.

(Picture taken a few days ago when scouting the meet place at Hanger Cafe)

Ride was around 30-40 miles on all types of roads!! Through that time we picked up a traffic cop who wanted to follow us waiting for us to do illegal moves...well they didn't get that!! So after around 10 odd miles they got bored and moved on...I actually took a look at the guy driving and he looked at me...clearly he was very dissapointed not having to pull us over...although think that would of been an experience and a half...would loved to of seen the argument between the examiner (ROSPA/IAM/ police trained biker) and the traffic cops!! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] anyway I just got on with it but it did put me on edge because not only did I have my test but I had the old bill watching everything I did!!

So when they got bored we headed towards the motorway (all 50MPH at the moment) very boring but love how some people think they can get away with 70 on the outside lane...do these people know more than us?? Or are they just pr$cks!!

Fast forward a bit we ended at a place called Blackbushe Cafe (nice little airfield cafe), he asked for me to do a few figure of 8's which he was very happy about and off we went to park up.

Got off the bikes took lids off and first thing he said was "what did you think about the old bill then" I said they were bloody following us, he laughed and said I had coped with it very well and wasn't nervous of cracking on when getting into nationals and then added...clearly they were bored and wanted us to give them something to pull us over!! Image

He asked me a handful of questions and gave me a few scenarios which I answered to his liking.

Then the ultimate question..."how do you think it went?"

I stopped...my mind went blank couldn't remember a bloody thing, where was I, what did I do, crap crap crap...etc. urm, well, you see...

He interrupted and said I'll take you out of your misery

YOU PASSED and very easily, one of the best he's seen for a long time!! Image Image Image

As of today I am an advanced rider, YAY!!
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: Rossgo's Test Day

Post by Frankie »

Well done mate, see all that riding with us on our Tankslap ride outs made you proper prepared....;)
I am glad I helped with your schooling lol

Joking aside mate, good job - cakes on you next ride out 8) :P (groupdrink)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Well done Rossgo. It was a for gone conclusion you would pass with all the hard effort and training you have put in but it must still feel very rewarding.

Well done and congratulations.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Well-done mate, you've worked hard and earned that..

Having passed the iam myself a few years back, and having ridden with you, there was never any doubt.

As a side note, where is hanger cafe? Is that popham airfield?
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

No its Fairoaks airfield GU24 8HX, where the police choppers fly from or flew from, Chertsey road, there is a nice S bend around the corner lol
Last time I was there I saw a nice private jet pull up, geezer jumps out straight into a blacked out Range Rover, blinged up... and drives off...

There is or used to be a little bike dealer around the back of the airfield,, had some nice stuff last time I looked.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Post by T.C. »

Well done and welcome to the club.

Now do your RoSPA test and hope you don't get me as your examiner ;)
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Congrats Rossgo, from what I've read on here you've put a lot of time and effort into it all, so no surprise you aced it. Continually impressed by your mature approach to riding, I will be the first to admit I struggle to be law abiding at times. I do feel like I pick my time and place sensibly thou?

Anyways good work mate (y)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Congratulations mate !!! You must be thrilled !! :D
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Excellent news mate, I'm really chuffed for you.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

N1 mate I know how hard you've worked towards this ,well done
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Well done dude
Monty™© MCMLXXII
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Congratulations mate. Nice to achieve a goal you've wanted for ages (beer)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

good job All that hard work has paid off
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thank you all for this. Really appreciate it all. Sorry I haven't been able to respond quicker I wanted to write something yesterday but I've really been a tad busy so haven't had the proper opportunity to write something without feeling rushed.
I have ridden with a fair few of you guys here and I have watched and learned and have always said to any of my observers or social rides that I am part TANKSLAP and 675cc and believe that this has helped heaps when going out on social rides eg Lucy's Cafe or Wales runs.

I think this is nice to know that what I'm doing is correct and not to feel nervous about what to do, it's just part of riding now, spot the hazards take in all information and deal with it.

Again thank you all for this I'm still buzzing from it [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

As regards Hanger Cafe Frankie is correct it's FairOaks and there really is a lovely S bend there...that is NATIONAL haha!! Small place and didn't haven't anything because I didn't want to start my test and be desperate for the loo haha!! Seems a nice place though I am goi g to take my dad there on our next ride let's put not that way!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

And regards the ROSPA @T.C. I am considering it!! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] so may bump into you who knows!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I will just add this isn't the end of improving or believe I'm.the polished rider. I'm not this is the start of it now, I can now continually improve my skills and sharpen them up. IAM have given me the tools I've got to gmkeep them serviced!
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Congratulations Rossgo. You've worked hard for that.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Congrats mate
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks guys really appreciate it [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] im still thrilled even now [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]