Half Shell Helmets

The news and your views about biking
dogbot
Your Bike:

Re: Half Shell Helmets

Post by dogbot »

I saw it over Xmas. I just find Sheen cringeworthy nowadays. Shame, but I can't separate the character from the prick underneath, oddly.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

dogbot wrote:So, he's a bullshitter and I'm a sweary twit, but we sound the same in text on a forum??

Only, not in content, I hope! :D
Fwiw D41 is a really top bloke IMHO, despite what some may suggest.
However his life has come off the rails completely, poor lad, and he is offline big time at the moment.

I still consider him a good friend (but don't hold that against him.)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

StMarks wrote:
dogbot wrote:So, he's a bullshitter and I'm a sweary twit, but we sound the same in text on a forum??

However his life has come off the rails completely, poor lad, and he is offline big time at the moment.

Glad to hear you say that, brother from another mother. But I do like to pull his pisser!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:

I had a lot of time for D41 but he just got very hard to handle, and got really random. I'm sure you've seen another side to him St Marks.

Dogbot, you're posting isn't similar at all imo, you have some consistency for a start!

As for the cruiser and half lid, not my thing, but your bike stable seems to have all the bases covered so full credit to you! The OP helmet, I always wonder with those if the flared lip would act as a pivot point and cause more neck hypo extension than an convential helmet? Plus in Oz you'd have a diet of forced feed bugs wearing an open face!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty

Post by Monty »

It really must be very difficult for anyone joining this forum to jet a handle on anything we say. The only thing I'll add is I'm 99.99% certain that 99.99% is said with 99.99% integrity! The rest is total bull excrement!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Well I think Dogbot seems to have made himself right at home.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Monty wrote:It really must be very difficult for anyone joining this forum to jet a handle on anything we say. The only thing I'll add is I'm 99.99% certain that 99.99% is said with 99.99% integrity! The rest is total bull excrement!
I have to put this forum in Google translator just to try and figure out what type of washing machine we are talking about.

P.S i Think those helmets look cool for that type of bike. You would look wired with a full lid in race colours. However in this climate would your face not freeze off. Surely you would end up wearing a balaclava / neckerchief so the shark looks in-between and offers some protection. Although I'm sure I've seen a review of one of those lids and said it was quite windy and fogged up guess it depends how much style you want over comfort or protection.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

kiwikrasher wrote:Dogbot, you're posting isn't similar at all imo, you have some consistency for a start!

As for the cruiser and half lid, not my thing, but your bike stable seems to have all the bases covered so full credit to you! The OP helmet, I always wonder with those if the flared lip would act as a pivot point and cause more neck hypo extension than an convential helmet? Plus in Oz you'd have a diet of forced feed bugs wearing an open face!
Well, here too, I think. But I usually ride with a buff up over my nose even in a full face helmet anyway, so that and sunglasses would be the plan.

Don't worry, though... I won't be getting leather chaps, no matter what. :D
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Kwacky wrote:Well I think Dogbot seems to have made himself right at home.
I know what I am. ;)
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

How about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00299 ... JGWX4Y335W" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

erm, yeah, sure, why not? They're almost as impressive as they fooking idiotic Predator helmets you see (gah)
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Yeah, I'm guessing that one might not have a kite mark, eh?

A couple of people have suggested those Predator or Iron Man looking ones. Obviously, they are no longer my friends.

;) :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I don't know what surprises me more; that you've got friends or that you can afford to lose any (lol)
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

One of the best TV series ever
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Aye. I love that video, it just goes on and on and on for... ever... :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

or 3 minutes 26 seconds :P
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

I would of posted one of Rodney Dangerfield saying "hey, you're alright" but I couldn't find one.

So, ho!

:p
Monty

Post by Monty »

rocket wrote:
Monty wrote:It really must be very difficult for anyone joining this forum to jet a handle on anything we say. The only thing I'll add is I'm 99.99% certain that 99.99% is said with 99.99% integrity! The rest is total bull excrement!
I have to put this forum in Google translator just to try and figure out what type of washing machine we are talking about.

P.S i Think those helmets look cool for that type of bike. You would look wired with a full lid in race colours. However in this climate would your face not freeze off. Surely you would end up wearing a balaclava / neckerchief so the shark looks in-between and offers some protection. Although I'm sure I've seen a review of one of those lids and said it was quite windy and fogged up guess it depends how much style you want over comfort or protection.
LOL not quite sure what I meant by that, was a little bit p!ssed on vodka.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

My mate bought a Shark lid a few years back and it was honestly one of the most poorly constructed helmets I have ever encountered. From a reputable dealer, too, who then had all sorts of problems getting a replacement.

They ended up just giving him a refund and he bought an Arai (for £50 more, which is what he should have done in the first place). Hard not to be put off by that. Also, I looked at that specific lid a while back with a young mate of mine who thought it was cool, and... well, I didn't. I want something simple.

I'll probably just end up with something dull as, like this...