Gaming thread

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Gaming thread

Post by Kwacky »

I've downloaded Final Fantasy VII today.

It's the 1990s all over again (rock)
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Re: Gaming thread

Post by TonyB »

I got it a couple of years ago on Steam. One of, if not is, my favourite game ever.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Star Wars Battlefront was taking up all my time before Christmas.
Since I got Fallout 4 I've lost count of the number of times I've had to sheepishly creep upstairs in the wee small hours and try and get into bed without waking the missus!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've not gone online with battlefront. I'm disappointed you can't play x wing against player 2 at home.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

I've never played a final fantasy game. Love my shooters though. Started with Goldeneye on n64 then Perfectdark. I tend to pick up the latest call of duty every year.
Kwacky I'm not 100% for starwars but I think if you create a guest profile on the playstation (or xbox) home screen first before you load the game up you can then play split screen.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cheers Andy, I'll give that a go.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Fallout 4 is good. Had previous versions on ps3. It is a game you need to spend time on though.
If ive only got 30mins or so then i play starwars battlefront.

They are releasing final fantasy for ps4. Looks pretty good
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I don't think that new Final Fantasy has got a release date yet.

My son couldn't believe the graphics on FF7. I did try to explain those were the best going at the time.
D6

Post by D6 »

Was FF7 the one with the dog called Red and the big black guy, and you flew around on an airship or something. Can only vaguely remember it. I only played that one as I've never really been into those games. And luckily for me I believe it was the best one. Either way the new PS4 one is a remake.

I think you were called cloud.
D6

Post by D6 »

I also have the new call of duty and Uncharted for the PS4. Not even took them out of the wrapper yet.

I'll play fallout4 and starwars to death and then move on. Should go longer without needing another game then.

I begrudged paying for online play. Until I found out that if you go online and you mate has a game you don't, you can share it and still play each other. Will be good for me as I never buy footy games as they don't interest me as a 1 player game, but my mates do so I can use there's if we go online against each otehr
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

What's the score with the PS4 accounts? If I pay for the full subscription on my account does my son have to pay as well on his account?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

You apply the PlayStation plus subscription to your master account on your PS4. Any sub accounts on the PS4 also get the sub then.

Also, check how you login using your PS3 as if it's the same PSN account as you use on the PS4 then the PS3 gets PlayStation plus too.

That's what I've done, so I get plus on both ps4 and PS3.
D6

Post by D6 »

C00kiemonster wrote:You apply the PlayStation plus subscription to your master account on your PS4. Any sub accounts on the PS4 also get the sub then.

Also, check how you login using your PS3 as if it's the same PSN account as you use on the PS4 then the PS3 gets PlayStation plus too.

I've not tried the PS3 again yet so didn't know that.

You can play your PS4 on your vita, if you can't use the telly (eg the missus is watching something). That could be really useful. Shame my PS vita is currently packed away.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

After promising myself I wouldn't buy one of Ubisoft's godawful, bug ridden, untested Assassin's Creed games again, I picked up a copy of the latest one, Syndicate for cheap a couple of weeks ago.

And it's really, surprisingly good. I'm really enjoying just wandering the streets of London, checking out the sights and landmarks, and stabbing random people in red coats. Oh, and coppers. 8) :D
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

D6 wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:You apply the PlayStation plus subscription to your master account on your PS4. Any sub accounts on the PS4 also get the sub then.

I've not tried the PS3 again yet so didn't know that.

You can play your PS4 on your vita, if you can't use the telly (eg the missus is watching something). That could be really useful. Shame my PS vita is currently packed away.
I bought a PlayStation Portable (PSP) years ago before the vita came out. Thy don't support that anymore :(. As that would be perfect.

You'll need the Vita to play on your PS4 once the sprog pops out :). Next to the cot while your changing nappies ;)
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

dogbot wrote:After promising myself I wouldn't buy one of Ubisoft's godawful, bug ridden, untested Assassin's Creed games again, I picked up a copy of the latest one, Syndicate for cheap a couple of weeks ago.

And it's really, surprisingly good. I'm really enjoying just wandering the streets of London, checking out the sights and landmarks, and stabbing random people in red coats. Oh, and coppers. 8) :D
I'm a big Assasins Creed fan and get the latest one each Xmas to play over the holidays.

The last one (unity) and this one are no where near as good as the others sadly.

This latest one has introduced a grappling hook, it's more like being Spider-Man than an assassin. I have to say I'm disappointed, the stories used to be very gripping, now they are just a bit poo.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

The first two in the series (Altair and Ezio) are among my very favourite games ever, tbh.

Unity was appalling. Not just technically bad, but the story, the script, the whole thing was stilted and difficult and just... meh.

The new one is better. Better looking, far better tech performance, better script and players and the slight tweaks to the controls make it just that bit smoother.

Yeah, the grapple is weird. Especially as I came to Syndicate from Just Cause 3 and I keep trying to use it to hook onto guys escaping in carts... but tbh, you don't actually need it. It does make escaping from a crowd of guys with guns spectacularly easy... but I normally stay and fight. :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Any recommendations for a flying combat type game? I like the x-wing fights in Battlefield.
D6

Post by D6 »

no idea. ive not really looked into what else there is yet.

Xwing ships are a bit simplistic to fly. Works in that game, but would be boring as a stand alone.

Used to love proper flight sims on a pc.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Not really my sort of game tbh.

But this is what seems to be getting all the attention...

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(release due sometime this year, iirc)