Train fare rises

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Train fare rises

Post by Blade »

Happens every year but just heard the most expensive season ticket is Birmingham to London at just over 10 grand (shocked) that's bonkers (swear)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: Train fare rises

Post by Frankie »

I really cant see how they can justify the costs of a ticket.... The cost for a ticket to Ipswich last year was nuts, and the journey was horrible, I can only describe the journey as being on a flight, with the worse turbulence you have ever ever encountered. Never again.... I used to love train trips, now they just depress me.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I got a single ticket Manchester to London a week or too ago Frankie it was £230.

I went first class on business once and it was over £400 (shocked)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I very rarely bother with public transport as taking the car/bike is nearly always cheaper, quicker, and more comfortable.

That said in hoping to land a contract in London, so well probably have to desk with it for a while
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Tbh John the prices I quoted above are full fare.

There are bargains if you book in advance. I've done London for £5 before and regular go to norwich via London for £16 including tube ticket.

It's also half the time of the car, no parking , toll or conjestion charges and zero stress. Kick back with a film and beer and relax.

If you do need to travel to London as long as you go off peak and book well in advance I think you may find some good deals buddy.
Norfolknchance
Your Bike: Daytona 675 06

Post by Norfolknchance »

Well my monthly fair was £82 from Formby to Liverpool, which is a damn site cheaper than using the bike and slightly quicker than by car.
When I lived down south the monthly fair for a similar length of journey (Ely to Great Chesterford) was £172, that was 4 years ago (the rolling stock was pretty much the same). I really quite like Merseyrail.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Who has 10k spare just for travel a year?! 10k is people's bloody salaries no wonder why people get paid that low because higher management need the best of the best for a bloody seat.