What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Kwacky »

Being bored. It's gone very quiet, which is a week early for this line of work.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

At work and a lime tanker scraped against the front bumper and has caused 450quid worth of damage (got a quote at a body work shop down the road from work, which I'm sure will be more when insurance has their gritty hands on it.

The driver was good and told me but now I'm going to have to go through insurance and I'm sure my premium will get hoisted up even though there was nothing I could do about it I wasn't even in the car at the time! What a nightmare just before Christmas
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Rossgo wrote:At work and a lime tanker scraped against the front bumper and has caused 450quid worth of damage (got a quote at a body work shop down the road from work, which I'm sure will be more when insurance has their gritty hands on it.

The driver was good and told me but now I'm going to have to go through insurance and I'm sure my premium will get hoisted up even though there was nothing I could do about it I wasn't even in the car at the time! What a nightmare just before Christmas
That's gutting.. I got reversed into and my insurance went up £200 the following year because of this non-fault claim. The bike was nearly a write off
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I totally understand. I had a really shot couple of years with insurance this isn't the first time I've had go use it. Mine is so sky high already and if it goes up next year again I will consider selling.

It went up 100quid because someone couldn't see me braking for a fella walking across a zebra crossing so decided to use me as a brake a couple years back.

Government really needs to step in for all this, insurances blame you even if it's clearly not your fault, pisses me right off in all honesty
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Your insurance shouldn't go up if there's another party to take all of the blame.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I don't think that's true. Someone I know had their insurance rise due to being involved in an accident with no blame on them. The reason given was that they are now in a higher risk category as someone who has been involved in an accident. Apparently you are more likely to be in another.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

That's what I have heard too D6.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Sounds like Insurer crap to me to bump up the premium. What's the point in a no claims policy if you're going to face an increased premium if you've been involved in a no fault claim?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

They will quite often bump up the premium until the claim is settled by the other party's insurer.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That I can understand, but you can ask for the difference back if the claim is settled in your favour.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

As far as I understand it a NCD is exactly that i.e a "No Claim Discount" and not a "No Blame Discount".

Don't agree with it at all buts that's what I have been told, and you guessed it the insurance company always wins (n) .

I was given an explanation that yes Sir you still have a 50% NCD but your initial premium has increased as we now consider you high risk as you have been involved in a incident regardless of blame. Therefore your price to renew has gone up as although we have honored your 50% discount, the discount was applied to a premium of £1000 and not £750 like last year, so your cost to renew is now £500 not £375 (swear)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Basically they've got us over a barrel.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Basically they've got us over a barrel.
Yep, legally enforced too.
Let's face it, insurance is about the only thing that we dutifully pay every year & yet keep our fingers crossed that it's a waste of money.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That and my annual AIDS test ;)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I had a guy use me as his brake at a zebra crossing a couple years ago and my premium went up by £100, a hundred bloody pounds, EVEN though it wasn't my fault. How does the government allow us to get raped by these horrible nasty small t%atish people. I really understand people who drive without insurance, seems to me like a 50/50 chance of getting away with it...well actually prob more than that prob more like 90/10 because the police are shite little arseholes who couldn't catch a thief even if the little toe rag walked into the police station and admitted to the crime.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:........ people who drive without insurance, seems to me like a 50/50 chance of getting away with it...well actually prob more than that prob more like 90/10 ..........
ANPR systems & the MID should make things increasingly difficult for vehicle owners to use them without insurance Rossgo.

However IMHO crime in general is likely to see a rise, as the budgets available to pay for law enforcement continue to be squeezed.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

It is true my insurance went up after being punted off filtering in London by a lorry, no claims made on either side. It was before that precedent for filtering was set so I didn't claim thinking it would going go 50/50.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

StMarks wrote: ANPR systems & the MID should make things increasingly difficult for vehicle owners to use them without insurance
Personally I don't think it will make one iota of difference. If your not going to bother insuring a car then your unlikely to worry about correctly registering it. Solely automated systems like we have only serve to penalise the people who normally follow the law and make an honest mistake.

The person who crashed into my car wasn't bothered about any surveillance systems as no insurance could be traced, nor could the car or the driver as the plates came back as not registered.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Oh, and yes my premium went up the year after as well..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Dossing, Early night tonight as my son had us all up last night with his coughing.