The Biking Friday Five

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

The Biking Friday Five

Post by Kwacky »

Five Questions - Five Answers. It's that simple

1) Which bike you do wish you had never bought? Don't bottle it, pick one.

2) What's your proudest biking moment?

3) What's the one skill you wish you could do well on a bike?

4) If the choice was unlimited, which one of the 2016 new bikes would you like to own (no H2Rs or RC213Vs as they're not 2016)

5) Have you ever thought about quitting biking?
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: The Biking Friday Five

Post by Cav »

1) Genuinely don't regret any bike purchase - I'd be hard pushed to choose but it definitely would not be the ZX6R

2) Proudest biking moment is going from Novice to Fast group in 3 sessions on my first trackday

3) 1 skill... probably being able to slide a bike at will. I'd rather that than elbow down but not by much

4) Aprilia RSV4F-RW - I'm not fussy about which trim level, I'm sure Misano is ample

5) Yes. Time and again I visit these thoughts and every time I go for a long ride to really think about it. Everytime I decide against it.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

1 - Honda CB1000r. Targeted theft which still pisses me off.

2 - Doing the Fast Bikes group test ride to France and Italy

3 - controlled back end slides.

4 - only the zx10r really tickles my interest. Not sure I want a litre bike though

5 - yep, a few months after my crash when I was struggling physically and mentally with the injuries.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:2 - Doing the Fast Bikes group test ride to France and Italy
How did you blag that?!
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

1) RD200 - I think I loved and hated it in equal amounts , cost me a fortune over the 2 years I had it , charging system was even worse than the Daytona.
2) Impressing the instructor by drifting out of Gerrards on a training course ( it was accidental and I needed new pants afterwards )
3) to be able to drift/slide at will without needing new pants every time
4) I wouldn't turn down any of them , they are all far better bikes than I am a rider but I do like the sound of the slide control on the yamaha R1
5) I did quit for almost 20 yrs but I never made a decision to it was just circumstances
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cav wrote:
Kwacky wrote:2 - Doing the Fast Bikes group test ride to France and Italy
How did you blag that?!

Triumph wouldn't loan them any bikes as FB used to slag them off. I had a Triumph they wanted to test so I got invited along.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Nice one.. sounds like a good time anyway !!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

1) KTM RC8

2) Left knee down craners giggling my head off

3) proper big minging wheelies

4) new ZX10R

5) Did do ,but wont again
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Five Questions - Five Answers. It's that simple

1) Which bike you do wish you had never bought? Don't bottle it, pick one.
I don't have any regrets about any of mine

2) What's your proudest biking moment?
Not sure I feel like I've had one yet that I feel is an achievement. I suppose riding with my old man is the best.

3) What's the one skill you wish you could do well on a bike?
Wheelie with no fear of **** up my bike

4) If the choice was unlimited, which one of the 2016 new bikes would you like to own (no H2Rs or RC213Vs as they're not 2016)
Not sure what's out for everyone, but I think it'd be an off road bike.

5) Have you ever thought about quitting biking?
Yes. Not sure I really great it as a hobby anymore. But it saves so much time and agro commuting.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

1. The Aprilia Tuono. Don't regret owning the bike but do regret the agro and hassle it caused me when it broke. Worst company I have ever had to deal with and still no better from what I read and hear.
2. Either the trip down to Misano on the bike last year or learning proper knee down on track.
3. Definitely being able to drift the rear round corners. Loved doing that speedway day even if it's not quite the same as Tarmac.
4. Panigale 1299S.
5. Yes when I broke my wrist. Suddenly not even being able to drive caused me a lot of grief and cost a lot of money.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

1. I don't regret buying any bike, but I regret not selling the RC8 a couple of years ago and getting something else.

2. One of the last runs out I had on my Daytona 650 before I sold it (I think I was in Wales with some slappers) and I thrashed it and still felt in control. Great bike.

3. More off-road skillz

4. MV Brutale

5. No
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

1: close this but R1 2003 bought brand new was not ready for it was a big step up and i hated the front end that bike actually scared me lots.

2: Tower corner at croft knee down getting pushed further out to the edge and having bits of rubber flicked at my visor from the guy in front.

3: go round corners lol

4: R1 zx10 or rsv4 i can not decided

5: Yes i did for a few years. I have had to think about it a lot with my wrist recently but if anything its made me more determined to get back on one
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

1. Fantic Cabellero 50cc. My 1st road bike at 16, all my peers had Fs1E's AP50's etc & I wanted to be different. I was. They spent all their time screaming round prostrate on their tanks "doing 60". I spent all my time mending the bloody Fantic, or waiting for the parts "on the way from Italy", or pushing it along the pavement because it had broken down again. I reckon (pretty certain to be fair) that I actually pushed it for more miles than I ever rode it.!

2. Lots, which to choose.? Year before last, August at Cadwell 2nd day of a two day event. It had been hot & dry & I was getting comfortable & relaxed. Then it started to pour down, so I changed to my wets & before long was hooning round like it was still dry. I started to get so cocky that I was dragging rooster trails with my knee sliders to intentionally spray the ( very few ) other riders that were still out on track with me as I passed them. (hi)
Until the inevitable happened, & had to ride the cage of shame.
I was precluded from that event this year. ;( Spoilsports.!

3. Being able to ride well enough to do justice to my 675.

4. Ducati Desmosedici D16rr NCR M16, just think how many trackdays & Euro trackdays I could do on my 675 with the proceeds from selling it on.

5. Not yet. Had a few periods of my life when motorcycling has not been an option, but whenever it's been viable I have had a motorbike to ride.
Last edited by StMarks on 27 Nov 2015, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

1, The TS185 Suzuki I bought when I should have had the RD200 peardrop tank, but thanks to a so called friend it didn't happen.
2, Watching my oldest lad disappear into the dusk on his SV650 the day he passed his test, 4th generation Gee on a bike.
3, Be a stone cold genius on the brakes, instead of my sad excuse for braking.
4, The 2016 Pikes Peak Multistrada, bonkers and sensible at the same time.
5, Yes, I've had several periods away from bikes over the years but have always come back, as at some point there's always a desire to ride I can't explain to non-bikers.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

1. No regrets all good bikes and the right decision at the time.

2. Not sure of proudest moment tbh but most enjoyable will be riding with mates down to italy to watch Misano Motogp. And then having a blast on the B500 in German, Knee down fully luggaged up on a Fireblade. Oh and three of us doing 80 mph in first gear through mile long Italian tunnels. Sounded like an F1 race.

3. Ride quickly and confidently in all situations.

4. 2015/6 R1 or Panigale 1299s

5. Never would rather boil and eat my own balls first. What a ridiculous question ;)