Pet Dog Stalemate

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Pet Dog Stalemate

Post by Kwacky »

I'm not a fan of cats. They kill wildlife, crap in peoples gardens and spray their piss everywhere.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:I'm not a fan of cats. They kill wildlife, crap in peoples gardens and spray their piss everywhere.
Ditto. I really don't see the attraction given a small dog gives the same affection and doesn't do what the hell it wants everywhere.
R1ckster
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC

Pet Dog Stalemate

Post by R1ckster »

Sorry cats all the way.. They only shit an piss on other peoples gardens and keep other cats away (hopefully).. Don't require you to look after them 24/7 and spend time clean them selves most of every day and sleep.. So not like getting dirty and are quiet and hide if nervous (not bark all night).. Enough said :)

I'm not a cat person or a dog person... Only put up with a cat since meeting wife 9 years ago... But cats being more independent goes a long way imo. No walks needed and if starving will hunt
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

If a cat is starving that means people can't afford to look after it.

Cats kill for fun, not for food.

Each to their own but dogs offer a lot more than cats do IMO.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

I don't like cats at all, especially the little fecker that shits on my garden !!
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cats definitely kill for fun. mine likes to play with moths and will sometimes let it escape just so she gets the pleasure of jumping for it then eating! However I have read that moths are like a high for some cats so I'm guessing it makes mine high!

Dogs don't all bark through the night. If they are barking then there's something wrong with him/ her. I've had mine crying a few times in the middle of the night because she needs to go to toilet so she tells me but doesn't happen all that often!

I wasn't at all a cat person until last year summer when I just wanted one and she is lovely she spends most her time sleeping but she lets me know when she wants out so I let her out.

I find it more tough having 2 animals that want attention than anything else.
R1ckster
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC

Post by R1ckster »

Kwacky wrote:If a cat is starving that means people can't afford to look after it.

Cats kill for fun, not for food.

Each to their own but dogs offer a lot more than cats do IMO.
Blah! :)
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Might be the odd one, but I love both my cat and dog. They have completely different personalities (have a hard time envisioning taking my cat for a run, and can't sleep with my 100lb Weimaraner on my chest), but it also depends on the individual animal. I've had some dogs that were hard headed, and some cats that were too individualistic. I've got a great mix of both.
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Mac wrote:Might be the odd one, but I love both my cat and dog. They have completely different personalities (have a hard time envisioning taking my cat for a run, and can't sleep with my 100lb Weimaraner on my chest), but it also depends on the individual animal. I've had some dogs that were hard headed, and some cats that were too individualistic. I've got a great mix of both.
Didn't know you had a Wei Mac! My favorite dog ever, I had two in NZ, and they both ended up sleeping on the bed most of the time (lol) If I wasn't working away I'd get another in a heart beat.
ontruck.jpg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Oh yes, my Weim is my constant companion, and asleep beside me on the couch as I type. I've had him slightly over three years, and have fallen in love with the breed. Great dog!
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Lovely dogs. :)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Mac wrote:Might be the odd one, but I love both my cat and dog. They have completely different personalities (have a hard time envisioning taking my cat for a run, and can't sleep with my 100lb Weimaraner on my chest), but it also depends on the individual animal. I've had some dogs that were hard headed, and some cats that were too individualistic. I've got a great mix of both.
Well said Mac, & you are not alone mate. ;)
Out here (in the sticks) you have a clear choice; Cats or Rats/mice
I love my Dog, the loyalty & unconditional adoration from your dog makes you feel a more complete person IMHO.
Unlike your dog your cats does not depend on you, but instead chooses to seek you out. In some ways that is actually more endearing.; They come to you for affection because they want to, not because they are hardwired to be defendant.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

At 0530 this morning I was stirring and I had my cat watching me. As soon as I laid on my back she jumped up and wanted a fuss. She. Has now been sifting on my chest for the past 10 or so minutes! Cats are easier to look after but oh my days they are like bloody alarm clocks!