Racing

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Racing

Post by duke63 »

At any level is a whole different ball game to just going a bit quicker in our world.

Went on one of these driving days with my son today, where he got to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo and Ferrari Modena.

At the end he was entitled to one quick lap driven by one of their drivers in a V8 Vauxhall something or other. I go with him.

It was pissing down wiith rain so the driver says he needs to take it easy......and promptly floors the accelerator, hares up the straight with the back end of the car struggling for grip...barrels up to the corner where he brakes hard...throws it into the turn...then asks if we can feel the front end pushing, which we certainly could and then does the same round the rest of the lap. All perfectly under control and fully aware of what the car can or cannot do.

Simply awesome stuff.

Racing is just another skill level altogether.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Racing

Post by Blade »

An ounce of a racers talents would make me a happy chappy.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Likewise. It's another level and one I'll never get near.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

These guys have trained all their senses to be able to ignore the 'shit I'm scared' feeling and replacing it with 'what are the different parts telling me by doing this'!! Absolutely incredible. Wish I was able to do this but I think you really have to start off young to get to anywhere near that sort of stage
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I very much enjoy taking myself out of my comfort zone to learn something new... One of the first things I did when I got my ZX6R was heavy brake from 100+mph and lock up the front wheel just to see what happened. The tyre screeched over the bumps, I proceeded to release the brake lever and them promptly and progressively grabbed the lever again.

There are some things I don't see myself ever achieving but I will definitely attempt to try them.

Has anyone here tried racing? It would be interesting to hear the difference between trackdays and entering your first race
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

We've got a few racers (current or former) on here - Tricky, Roadrace, MLR193, Paul (Cunvin) and Pitty off the top of my head.

The latter two haven't posted for a while but a PM might get their attention.
MLR193
Your Bike: Zx9r C1 , Honda Cb500

Post by MLR193 »

It's a huge step, really is but once it's made there is no going back hahah! It grips you and you do what you can to keep trying! Pushing too hard doesn't help, you gotta relax , switch the brain off and just go with your body! If you come back in one piece brilliant, if not tough shit recover and get straight back on haha!