Biker down!

The news and your views about biking
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Biker down!

Post by Blade »

Glad your ok Hubington and happy enough to wtite about it.

As far as I know they use titanium or surgical grade stainless steel and due to neither being magnet they don't set off airport security scanners.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

hubington wrote:....He left the company and then text me 2 weeks ago saying he saw a smashed bike on the road side thought of me and wanted to see how I'm doing. Had to damn near send him a photo of the surgical scar featuring my face and the bbc news home page before he would belive me I'd crashed my bike too and was a bit messed up.

Do you want to turn it into a track bike? Personally I wouldn't. It was a great bike but I think it's only fit for transplants after the unfortunatness.
Firstly I hope you weren't offended by my flippancy Hubington, I was hoping it was going to be someone else out riding it at the time.

I was (pattern developing here mate) not serious about the trackbike project either, from what I could see it looks comprehensively stuffed.

GWS, and best of luck sorting out the aftermath.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Yep, you need to go hard on the physio and home exercises.

It's the little things you remember on your road to recovery, like being able to cut your own food or shave yourself or raise your arm above your shoulder. It comes, but in stages.
hubington
Your Bike: CBR600RR5 - twisted metal edition

Post by hubington »

Blade wrote:Glad your ok Hubington and happy enough to wtite about it.

As far as I know they use titanium or surgical grade stainless steel and due to neither being magnet they don't set off airport security scanners.
That explains why the notes I keep trying to attach to myself with fridge magnets keep falling off!
hubington

Post by hubington »

StMarks wrote:
hubington wrote:....He left the company and then text me 2 weeks ago saying he saw a smashed bike on the road side thought of me and wanted to see how I'm doing. Had to damn near send him a photo of the surgical scar featuring my face and the bbc news home page before he would belive me I'd crashed my bike too and was a bit messed up.

Do you want to turn it into a track bike? Personally I wouldn't. It was a great bike but I think it's only fit for transplants after the unfortunatness.
Firstly I hope you weren't offended by my flippancy Hubington, I was hoping it was going to be someone else out riding it at the time.

I was (pattern developing here mate) not serious about the trackbike project either, from what I could see it looks comprehensively stuffed.

GWS, and best of luck sorting out the aftermath.
Not offended in the slightest. My Mum was away when it happened so I wouldn't let anyone tell her so that first she heard of it was from me standing infront of her so she could aee what state I was in not just hear about it. How did I brake the news "Hi Mum, good news is I don't have a bike anymore, bad news is I'm now the not so proud owner of a twisted lump of metal". Other contenders were, sit waiting on their sofa drooling like a vegetable with arm in the sling and then on hearinf "OH MY GOD!!!" and then look round and say "that's what you could have won!". That's just the mcarb stuff I cooked up the day after when I wasn't even sure I'd regain use of the arm again and had no idea when id get my op.

But no not someone else riding, rarely entertain that idea, I mean, what if they put a scratch in it!!
hubington

Post by hubington »

Kwacky wrote:Yep, you need to go hard on the physio and home exercises.

It's the little things you remember on your road to recovery, like being able to cut your own food or shave yourself or raise your arm above your shoulder. It comes, but in stages.
Till I have my 6 week check up I'm not allowed to even start it as they need to sign off the bone as strong enough to do proper physio, in the mean time I just have to keep things as mobile as I can, keep rotating the wrist, moving the elbow. You'll get a laugh out of this, I've been doing bicep curls using things like 200ml shampoo bottles as weights. I did try and move up to a 500ml bottle of water but that proved a bit much for me just yet and I felt a bit to much of the burn round the shoulder.

100% with you on the little things though, I was saying almost the exact same thing to someone yesterday. So far battles won include being able to look over my shoulder again, dress myself, wash myself, not quite got cut my food yet although I think I may be able to do that all be it crudely in a few days and I'm having to use an electric razor for now but I have in the last few says managed to hold a glass with my good arm while operating the tap with the bad one which is a silly little thing but I'm not wasting water any more so the lift it gives is significant.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Are you sleeping with a weird arrangement of pillows?
hubington

Post by hubington »

normally I sleep on my side so any arrangement while sleeping on my back (which I've had of late) feels odd to me but yes they are not in any configuration I would ever have expected to have them when I purchased them. almost try to get it so the sholder sits just off them so it's sits back a bit. main pillow is kind of a 45 degrees to the mattress.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Itchy wrote:Holy shit.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate.
This! That is a very sad picture of a bike!
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Hope you have a good fast recovery looks like it was a big impact
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Sorry to read this, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I showed my wife the photo, she was gutted, she really liked that bike.

She did ask how you were first though.

Drop me a PM if you need any advice on your incident.
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Sorry to hear the news, mate. GWS
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Sorry to hear and see this. Seems like your slowly recovering but it sounds very tough going. Keep u it spirits up and keep the hard work going