Biker Down

The news and your views about biking
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: Biker Down

Post by kiwikrasher »

The "No Half Measures" decal on what remains of the nose cone seems quite fitting...

Glad you are up and about mate, and good luck with trying to get it back, looks like it's in good enough shape for a track project.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

rocket wrote:So went over to Buxton to pick the bike up today and here it is. When we got it out the van my mates were all making jokes until they saw the bike and there was an eerie silence moment then the piss takes started again.

They also had my leathers will take some photos and post them up.

The front wheel is buckled its hit so hard its snapped a spoke and made it like a triangle. The engine casing on the right hand side is smashed but its the top one so there's a chance the engine is not lunched. The bike looks straight and even the forks look OK. Will ring the insurance company up tomorrow and see what they say,
I don't mind admitting I was genuinely bricking it when I rode back up to the accident scene. So glad when I heard you speak and say you were OK, the relieve was huge (whew)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Jesus Christ rocket. Hope you get a good outcome on the insurance. but the main thing is you are OK
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Bike is a bit of a mess :( glad your on the mend mate, I did not realise you were out with blade at the time..... GWS to you and the bike.
That bike used to look lovely :(
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

kiwikrasher wrote:The "No Half Measures" decal on what remains of the nose cone seems quite fitting...
Its going in the garage as a memento....
Blade wrote: I don't mind admitting I was genuinely bricking it when I rode back up to the accident scene. So glad when I heard you speak and say you were OK, the relieve was huge (whew)

I'm just so glad you were there. Not nice for you but having a friend at the scene made me fell a lot easier.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

rocket wrote: I'm just so glad you were there. Not nice for you but having a friend at the scene made me fell a lot easier.

:D

When you back at hospital?
rocket

Post by rocket »

Kwacky wrote:
rocket wrote: I'm just so glad you were there. Not nice for you but having a friend at the scene made me fell a lot easier.
When you back at hospital?

Having gayness removed in about 3 weeks they found it on the ct scan i have a large patch around my ass hole :*

Not back in apart from a bit of a friction burn on my knee that needs dressing via the district nurse (who i can not see to get hold of ) I'm fully discharged.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Glad to hear your up and walking,you hit that front end hard there is no way i would trust the frame on that bike again
Get shut of it imho
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Just got back from a week in the lakes and just seen this. Glad you're on the mend dude!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

How's the recovery going?
Norfolknchance
Your Bike: Daytona 675 06

Post by Norfolknchance »

Get well soon mate.
rocket

Post by rocket »

Getting more movement back every day. Been to see the nurse a couple of times for the graze on my knee. God dam she's ruff cleaning and iodine stings like a @&:(!,!; ;!;&,@;.

Been to the crash site and I was a lucky boy. The bike hit the curb smashed the crank case. Then went up the banking for a few meters before taking flight and landing in the road.
I skidded along the road and hit my back on the curb and my head in the banking. Then came to rest 2 meters down the road.

Asseser has been to look at the bike was a nice guy but gave nothing away.
I've looked at insurance and it looks like it will be a real problem insuring a 1000 next year.

So I think I'm looking at a 600 or maybe the gsxr750 as my next bike. I'll start a new thread about that.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Nice to hear your able to move around a bit more freely now fella. Take it easy, hope your being treated by the missus