43%
Laguna Seca
57%

Total votes: 7

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Dainese 1 Piece

Post by Blade »

Looking at these two Dainese Suits and just wondering which one you guys prefer (y)

The Crono retails at £699 but can get a great deal at £434 with free Oakley Sunglasses or The Laguna Seca £809 for £610.
Laguna seca is the higher spec suit but obviously the Crono is a very good suit and a great deal (y)

Crono

Laguna Seca

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Dainese 1 Piece

Post by Kwacky »

I almost bought the Chrono when I was looking at a new one piece. They've got a really good rep.
Blade

Post by Blade »

What made you decide against it Kwacky ?

Did you try one on ?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Availability was the only reason I didn't get one.

My last suit was Dainese. I had it for about 15 years. Crash tested. Good quality. The only issue I had was the stitching going on the inside leg, but I'm guessing the Italians don't pack out the pouch like us Brits do :D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Think i would go for the Laguna. Those stretch sections on the thighs will help the suit keep its shape longer from my experience.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Laguna shades it for me too. Both look good though.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blimey, they look really nice.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yes I think the laguna Seca is the better suit technically but the Crono is a mega deal.

As is often the case its going to be a choice between what I want and what my wallet ones :?
Blade

Post by Blade »

I wear a 40 in alpinestars and was wondering what size to go for as when I tried the Dainese 40 on it felt very tight and was a struggle to even get on but the Dainese sales lady thought it was a good fit and that Dainese suits give by 10%. I tried a 42 on as well which felt more comfortable to me straight off but the Dainese sales lady still said 40 was a better fit although it would have to give by quite a bit to feel comfortable like my 40 alpinestars which is admittedly 9 years old.

Anyone bought a suit recently and got any feedback on how much suits give by ?

I think Duke and Kingfixer have recently bought Dainese suits so would be great to hear their feedback. And I know Kwacky and maybe others have recently bought suits so all advice and comments welcome, doesn't have to be Dainese suit specific feedback.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

my Dainese suit is lovely, albeit a bit tight but the next size up seemed too big so im assuming mine will give a bit, the protection in it is superior to my wolf leathers as well, only worn it twice so far on the multi to try and break it in, very comfortable indeed even when its new and a bit stiff so I am well impressed so far.
Blade ...a little note if the free Oakleys are off the Motocard website, they aint the best money can buy, if you know what I mean.
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My Dainese suit was bought some time ago but it was one of their top lines. It was going for about a grand but I managed to get one for £600 at the NEC by playing two sellers off against each other.

There was an initial give but it wasn't 10% and the suit always remained slightly tight.

I would be very surprised if any suit gave as much as 10% That's 4 inches on a 40 inch chest suit. I wouldn't want that.

I bought an AXO suit in the winter and I am massively impressed with the quality. It's a better fit for me that the Dainese as the front section is slightly longer which means you're not bent over like Quasimodo when you're off the bike. The leather has been treated so you don't have to break it in.

Discounted as well. When I was looking the black ones in my size were full price which is why I went for white

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_ ... t-1-Peaces" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Did you try the suit on WITH your back protector ( and chest protector?) , Blade?

You need to take that into account when buying as you need at least an inch room for that i reckon. I made that mistake once.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

I get that hunchback thing when off the bike unless I unzip it a bit but it is very comfortable when I'm on the bike which I suppose is the main thing?
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:Did you try the suit on WITH your back protector ( and chest protector?) , Blade?

You need to take that into account when buying as you need at least an inch room for that i reckon. I made that mistake once.
Yes I tried with back protector but not with chest as hadn't got one at that point TBH.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:My Dainese suit was bought some time ago but it was one of their top lines. It was going for about a grand but I managed to get one for £600 at the NEC by playing two sellers off against each other.

There was an initial give but it wasn't 10% and the suit always remained slightly tight.

I would be very surprised if any suit gave as much as 10% That's 4 inches on a 40 inch chest suit. I wouldn't want that.

I bought an AXO suit in the winter and I am massively impressed with the quality. It's a better fit for me that the Dainese as the front section is slightly longer which means you're not bent over like Quasimodo when you're off the bike. The leather has been treated so you don't have to break it in.

Discounted as well. When I was looking the black ones in my size were full price which is why I went for white

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_ ... t-1-Peaces" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very nice suit Kwacky but TBH I want the Dainese one. Being completely honest I don't need it as both my 1 pc and 2pc are in good nick but I have always liked the black and white Dainese 1 PC suits and decided to treat myself as I won't be riding Sportsbikes for ever so thought might as well jump in now and get some use from it.

I m justifying it to myself as my Astars 1 pc is my track suit (already been repaired) my Astars 2pc is my winter and touring suit and the Dainese 1pc will be my summer suit (happy)

Good example on the 10% being 4" give on this chest. One of the reasons I asked is I thought she was talking out of her Ass :^

@Kingfixer Great info mate thanks for letting me know buddy.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Think I prefer the black and red mate! But it's all down to how you feel in it. 10% has got to be b&llocks that's a huge amount difference. My RST has given and has made it feel a lot more part of me but maybe half and inch I guess!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yes I agree Rossgo 4" is bollocks. I had my doubts but when Kwacky explained the chest would have to stretch 4" it just proved its horse sh1t. I may go back to the shop to try on again and tell her the same explanation Kwacky gave to see what she says.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Just mentioning my name should stop the bullshit and get you another 10% off the price ;)
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I voted the Laguna for looks.
If it was my wallet however I'd go for the Crono, you can't argue with almost £200 cheaper and free Oakleys!
Blade

Post by Blade »

After speaking with Kingfixer I'm not sure there genuine Oakley's unfortunately.

I haven't tired the Crono on and although I like it, it doesn't seem to have the same amount of stretch panels as the Laguna seca so I'm now concerned how the Crono will feel when I have it on.

Need to do a bit more thinking on this.