Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Post by beermonster »

Rather than continue hijacking the Mr Postman thread I thought I'd start a new thread here!

Thanks for all the support - tried out the new wrist splints last night and they did seem to make a bit of a difference. I managed to get a better, if not perfect, night's sleep so I'll keep on giving them a go.

I've got an injection in my right wrist booked for early May so hopefully that will help...and if it does I'll have it on the left as well. Just as well I don't mind needles innit!

I'll have a look on line later to see if there's anything on TENS helping CTS - if there is then I'll probably invest in one of those too - thanks for the suggestion Blade.

I'll keep you all posted / bored senseless with how I get on! (y)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Post by Blade »

Glad the splints helped a bit.

I did a quick search and tens does seem to help CTS and it's effective with my nerve damage problem in my back so fingers crossed it works for you.

Hopefully the injection will improve things too. I have had them in my back which is painful and scary but did work so worth the effort IMO.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

CTS isn't nice but it usually is treatable.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

All joking aside when my back flares up having a few beers normally helps. Maybe worth a try. If it doesn't work at least your chilled out a bit more anyway.