TT 'privatised'.

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

TT 'privatised'.

Post by duke63 »

Interesting article and i guess inevitable in this current world. Part of me suspects it may well lose some of its appeal as a result though.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/tt- ... ng-the-tt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: TT 'privatised'.

Post by Kwacky »

There are insurance issues going on as well. People who let the public stand in their gardens have to get public liability insurance.

It's going to die off if this carries on.

Oh well, there's always the Irish races
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Crying shame if it does die off. I can see why the Manx government wants to move away but its also an important part of the islands history and it should be repescted for what it is and has done for the iom. I believe a lot of people who complain about the event and its government funding are not locals but wealthy immigrants who have moved to the island for their own finicial gain. In doing such they were aware the island is famous for the TT and therefore IMO have no right to complain although legally I'm sure they have its as stupid as buying a ticket for a concert and then complaining the music is loud. If you don't like the TT don't move to the road race capital of the world.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

It's a cliche however it's become a victim of its own success. The last couple of times we've been we've begun to think it's changed atmosphere somewhat.

What I can't work out is why the iom govt don't want to continue running it. It has always been an island event with many locals involved and many key locals instrumental in its success.

They must get more in than they spend organising it.

Sad tbh. We are likely to go to the classic TT rather than the TT now.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The financial aspects of the TT seem to be something that is kept very quiet.

As Cookie says you would think that it must make a profit for the Island and they would make something of that to justify it but maybe that's not seen as good practice when the average loss of life is so much higher than other forms of bike racing.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I think some people think every penny spent on the TT is a penny less spent on schools and hospitals.