Jobsworth

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Jobsworth

Post by Kwacky »

My wife had a call this afternoon from my daughter's school. My daughter had lost her inhaler and was short of breath.

My wife took her to the doctors to get a repeat presription. Oh no. You have to wait 3 days before you can collect it. Then the doctor said she can't issue one as my daughter is overdue a review. Erm, I took my daughter 3 weeks ago for her review.

FFS. Do they want my daughter to have an attack so she can be taken into hospital? (headbang)

I'm going to make a complaint.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Jobsworth

Post by Blade »

That's disgusting mate, can you get one or something similar over the counter in boots ???? As a short term fix ?

I'm not saying dont write a complaint as it certainly warrants one but from bitter experience on a very serious issue I know it does nothing at all and regrettably seems a waste of time. Saying that I hope your case and response is different.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

you know my views on that surgery mate total assholes,I can call my doctor from work and get him to write a prescription while im on the phone ,it then goes to the chemist electronically ready for collection the same day
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

No common sense allowed these days :(

I would defo complain.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Perkles, which surgery do you use now?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Can't believe that. Your poor girl really hope she's feeling a lot better now Kwacky. Write the complaint as soon as
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

That is great service Perkles.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

All surgeries now should have online access for renewal of repeat prescriptions and the ability to make appointments.

Many don't like to advertise the fact though.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I've given up with our local surgery and prefer now to go into walk-in clinics.

I hope your daughter is feeling much better now mate. I would certainly make a complaint, if everyone was just british and never made a complaint they would never know there where problems with the system.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I know it seems that, like this situation there are so many areas where we are being let down, and we should complain!

But we don't, as we feel after the event we calm down a little and just deal with things as we all have busy lives and can't be arsed with the stupidity we know will come out of trying to make a point.

So we just get on with it and mark it down as another experience.

Well I think there are times when you need to make a stand, rather than just move on, this is serious stuff, I used to use an inhaler and not having it when out of breath is the worse feeling in the world, let along a serious issue in itself.

Making a complaint, does not sort out your situation as such, but possibly bring attention to the stupid actions of others may make them wake up and understand there is a serious flaw in the system.

It may not, but I think you should say your piece.

Not related but I was sent on a major detour a few weeks back on the roads, I was livid, just returned from a funeral in Essex, long drive, very tired, I could have just left it, but in the end I wrote to the agency involved, I got a letter back, which surprised me, normal old bull crap, but I like to think that possibly they would just think about the effect next time they do something like that and change the manner in the way the organise things again.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I know my brother reckons that the Primary care part of the health service is its biggest problem and the one that is long due an overhaul but because the way it has been set up over the years all those involved are totally resistant to any change. GP's are not NHS employees anyway.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Kwacky wrote:Perkles, which surgery do you use now?
Cotteridge