Why I never use ebay

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Why I never use ebay

Post by Kwacky »

I had a massive row last year with a dickhead on ebay, who basically damaged the item I sold him so he could get a refund.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Tbh gestures of goodwill are wasted on bellends in my experience. You've been more than reasonable if they want to be idiots treat them the way they deserve, just ignore the pond life scum, they will soon be on to there next self made stupid, worthless problem.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Bunch of arses on Ebay now, so it's become a waste of time to use unless someone arranges to pick something up from you. If they turn up that is, I've lost all faith in it as a private seller.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Ghostbusta wrote:Shes come back to me with another snotty message asking 'Why I bothered to list it'.

I've told her she can have the item free of charge if she wants to come and get it. No doubt she will refuse the offer.

Tbh I might write a nice letter to her and send the item anyway. Maybe the nice gesture of a free wallet with a message will make her realize shes a monumental bellend.
That's a great gesture mate, but I'm with Blade, she's done nothing to deserve your goodwill. The offer of it free for her to pick up is more than enough.

I've been lucky so far one ebay, all my pickups have gone smooth. One was an hour from list, sell and pick up with cash in my hand. For a fibreglass pond I'd just pulled out of the garden!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Ghostbusta wrote:Jesus Kiwi that's good going! I think i'll avoid ebay, id rather lose out on a few quid than have the hassle of dealing with numptys. Shes gone quiet so i'll just leave it for now. No doubt i'll be struck with some bad feedback
I must admit it was a fluke. I put it on buy now and all the others similar in the area were auction. The guy just happened to be checking eBay before going to the store to buy one and had already started digging a hole for it. He lived 5 mins from me, and I had a realistic price on it. It would've gone to the tip otherwise. Still got AU$70-80 from memory.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.