Car Ins.

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Car Ins.

Post by D41 »

All good points, duly taken on board.....rest assured I'll have obtained a clearance before I leave here.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

How long have you been fit free?
D41

Post by D41 »

Roughly five months....this year has been a bumper year for me....stress of losing my job, the marital problems etc. in the first part of the year/late part of last year. I get "The Aura", which for those unfamiliar with the term, is like a two-minute early warning system.....most of the time, once I get that, I can sit down and stave it off. Before last year, I hadn't had an episode in maybe 15 years.

I'm being honest when I say this, I think the medical staff who have treated me have been a little too 'enthusiastic' at times....my last one happened during a game of pool, and it never materialized....but too late, the fire dept. had already been called, and they were genuinely pissed when I refused treatment - I am not a good patient.

If there were such a term for it, I would currently class myself as "in remission"....and I'm not the only one who feels that way....several friends have commented that I'm not the same person I was six months ago....in a good way. And if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't even be arguing my stance on a public forum, against you guys, all of whom have raised very valid points.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

My mum's warning is a smell of almonds. She's not lucky enough to avoid a fit though.

Her trigggers are stress and low blood pressure.
D41

Post by D41 »

Similar....stress and high BP....like I wrote earlier....diet has solved the BP part....I stay away from pork. bacon, etc., which is a real shame, but that in and of itself has made a big difference. My doc was speculating that my BP runs high, and then suddenly drops, bringing on a convulsion.

I've heard of the almonds thing before, your Mom is not alone.