Operation

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Operation

Post by Blade »

Glad things are progressing nicely.

You will be tied as the body need rest to grow and repair cells, tissues, bone etc so its the body's why of getting you to relax.

I know you will be busy with loads to do but if possible chill for a few more days as benefits made now will pay huge dividends for the overall success and recovery post operation which is majorly important. Its so easy to over do it and I'm better at giving advice than listening to it so I feel how frustrating doing nothing can be.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Waiting for my check up. Fingers crossed I'm discharged.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

No wonder the NHS is in such a state. 5 times I've been to that hospital and 3 times have been a complete and utter watse of time and money.

Today I'm booked for an appointment at 1.50pm. I get there 10 minutes early. At 2.30 I ask how long I've got to wait. The surly receptionist tells me it's on the board. It's not. She goes to find out. I'm told another 45 minutes. I've got a job to do and I can't be arsed waiting. I've had 2 screws removed, by arm isn't broken (but they've booked me in at the fracture clinic) and there's no sign of infection. I'm discharging myself. She tells me I can't. i kick off. She gets the message.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Ridiculous as always. The only way of sorting out the NHS is to rebuild it person by person, system by system. Some decent workers are shrouded by a whole set of inept employee and administrator / manager.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Maybe there should have been some sense a while back when there was the jests of putting Alan Sugar in charge...

Jokes aside though, it is about time the NHS was run as a business rather than just receiving a blank cheque from the tax payer every year.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I asked my GP to book me in see a consultant back In August.

The appointment came through the post last Monday for a 5pm appointment on the following Friday. I rang up to change it and i got the same surly person i suspect, who wanted to knwo why I couldn't make Friday. As it happens i was going to be the other side of the Country at my mum's.

The line went quiet and she went away for about 5 minutes and then came back to say there were no free appointments for the foreseeable future and i would have to go back on the waiting list. I am fairly certain the date i was given was right on the limit of their allowed waiting list and they were more concerned about their targets than me.

I've booked in to see a private consultant instead. I could be dead by the time the NHS got round to seeing me. ( Not literally but for all they seem to care that is always a possibility).

Whatever the reasons the NHS is in this mess, it is no longer fit for purpose. If the government promises me and everyone else free quality healthcare at point of use, then that is what it should be.

Its a very very long way from that now.

I have actually paid to see a private GP at a Nuffield Hospital this year. It cost £90 for a full half hour appointment and i was given far more options that my GP gave me. I resent having to pay but my health is far more important to me than it obviously is to the NHS.

Sorry for the rant but they have pissed me off no end over the last few years.