Micheal Dunlop on a Honda in 2015

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Micheal Dunlop on a Honda in 2015

Post by Blade »

Well that's the rumor anyway. C

Can't see it being in the TT Legends squad again with John McGuiness as he didn't leave Honda on the best of terms but maybe he is riding for Hunts or MD Racing again on a Blade again.

I also heard he was not very popular with BMW management as he didn't agree or support with their PR work. Apparently he turned up to help promote a BMW Motorad Dealer Launch day in a Kawasaki T-Shirt :D
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: Micheal Dunlop on a Honda in 2015

Post by Deegee »

Doesn't surprise me tbh, he can ride a bike but I suspect he's got the idea that not caring about the PR or the media commitments is ok if you let your riding do your talking for you - after all that was how his Uncle Joey did it, wasn't it? The problem with that is Joey was winning races for decades when the press was barely interested in the IOM so it wasn't the end of the world if he wore an old Tee shirt or didn't mention all the sponsors in the winners enclosure, times have changed and I'm sorry to say winning just isn't enough any more, you've got to be able to do the media stuff as well, it's wrong, but that's how it is.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Dunlop will eventually run himself into a corner where no one wants him riding their bikes. A PR nightmare in an age where racing only happens because of sponsorship.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Racers are the bravery, the talent, the skill and the excitment of racing but they have to stay grounded and remeber they are part of a team.

They maybe the cherry on top of the cake but without the cake they are nothing. They need the manufacturers, the sponsors, the team and all the other ingredients that allow them to be successful.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, they are very talented and fortunate people and unfortunately a fee forget the fortunate part.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

He has an enviable talent and is faster than any other road racer currently. But he can be replaced and needs to remember that.