Pirelli Angel ST

The news and your views about biking
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Pirelli Angel ST

Post by D6 »

As a few have done review threads, I thought I'd start one for these that I had fitted a few weekends ago.

After getting them fitted, I have to admit they felt horrible. This was mainly due to the fact that I had taken off very squared tyres and put these on which were a lot sharper due to that reason.

Now I'm used to the profile, they feel good. I've not quite got them scrubbed all the way to the edge like the other tyres, but I haven't done any fast B road riding.

They feel plenty grippy enough in the dry, but in the wet they have been superb so far. I've felt really confident in them.

I have reset my trip when I had them fitted to see what mileage I get. So far they've done around 6-800 miles. not actually looked at the exact figure.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Pirelli Angel ST

Post by Kwacky »

I have found that some tyres seem to take longer to scrub in and come good. Avons are the worst for that. Last set I had seemed to take about 1000 miles before they really stood out.
D6

Post by D6 »

Going home yesterday in mosoon weather they performed well. I feel really confident on them in the poorer conditions we now have. Think I'm glad I went for a more tourer/wet weather tyre.

Looks like today will be more of the same.

Shame the rest of my gear isn't as good (carrier bag on my feet due to leaking boots, gloves sodden all the way through, and even my textiles started to let the water seep through).
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The RST gloves I've got are good in the wet.

Goretx boots arrive today.

I've got some cheap waterproofs to go over my kit but that lasts about about an hour before water gets in.

Those tyres are supposed to be good though. My M7rr span up a little bit last night but there was a lot of standing water.
D6

Post by D6 »

My gloves are RST ones. I got them from the show last year. Although they weren't the dearest RST waterproof ones. I guess you get what you pay for.

Got a pic of your boots?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

They've not arrived yet. Will be here this afternoon.
R1ckster
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC

Post by R1ckster »

D6 wrote:As a few have done review threads, I thought I'd start one for these that I had fitted a few weekends ago.

After getting them fitted, I have to admit they felt horrible. This was mainly due to the fact that I had taken off very squared tyres and put these on which were a lot sharper due to that reason.

Now I'm used to the profile, they feel good. I've not quite got them scrubbed all the way to the edge like the other tyres, but I haven't done any fast B road riding.

They feel plenty grippy enough in the dry, but in the wet they have been superb so far. I've felt really confident in them.

I have reset my trip when I had them fitted to see what mileage I get. So far they've done around 6-800 miles. not actually looked at the exact figure.

Had 10,000 out the rear on my R1.. Admit was down to the steel...but nevertheless an impressive achievement.. My tyre of choice for all round riding with one or two trackways a year. Had several sets..just testing out the pr4 not bad so far. 6500 now and we'll square but tyres do seem bit softer on the edges than the st.