What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by C00kiemonster »

Yep. I needed it.

It rained as I was putting the bike away 🙄
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Not today but on the weekend..

With all the stress life is throwing my way I thought a couple hour blast on the Thruxton was in order. It’s been about 4 months since I took it out.

Seemed really slow to start, heaps of battery and cranked fine but didn’t want to fire. Finally got it going and headed of down the mountain. Was about half full so 10 km in topped the tank up.

5 mins to get the thing to fire again. Every stop I did it stalled out. Started ok most times. Decided to head back home. Any full throttle was causing it to mis and splutter. Got worse and worse and barely made it home.

Haven’t touched it yet to work out what’s going on and unfortunately the whole episode put me in a worse mental state.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

kiwikrasher wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 00:56 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Seemed really slow to start, heaps of battery and cranked fine but didn’t want to fire. Finally got it going and headed of down the mountain. Was about half full so 10 km in topped the tank up.

5 mins to get the thing to fire again. Every stop I did it stalled out. Started ok most times. Decided to head back home. Any full throttle was causing it to mis and splutter. Got worse and worse and barely made it home.

Haven’t touched it yet to work out what’s going on and unfortunately the whole episode put me in a worse mental state.
Sorry to read that mate. :(
May be worth getting your multimeter out & giving a quick test on the resistance reading of the Crank Position Sensor Kiwi.
Fwiw when mine initially failed the symptoms mirrored those
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Took the speed in for it's annual laptop diagnostic and oil change.

Traditionally wet in the morning, but it did brighten up. Had a street rs for the day, didn't have much time to play unfortunately but it's a cracking bike.

Sat on the new Daytona 660, very nice. I'm hoping to get in for a test ride in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Obviously not today, its Sunday.... But a few days ago I supersized the S1. I have had two of them since the bike was born, and loved them both. I have been thinking about another adventure type ride for a while. But nothing has crossed my horizon until now. Cracking deal, on a used machine that has been blinged up and only done 800 odd miles. Great offer on mine so the deal was done. So I am now the proud owner of a Triple Black S1000 XR

Had a good run out yesterday, its ballistic, I am looking forward to getting to understand how it ticks. I must admit it does flow really well for a big machine. Took the Trumpet out for a quick blast this afternoon, it felt like a minimoto after yesterday lol....

Lets hope we can enjoy some dry weather ahead now. A few quick snaps from the mobile.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Nothing today but about 180 miles around the peak district yesterday with dinner at the Yondermann cafe

I fitted a cool cover to the seat and regretted that, it was a much cooler day than Saturday and the cover worked as advertised, very chilly on the nethers (facepalm)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I took the sx out for a couple of hours. It was a good job I put my under layers on
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Gave the sx a wash and quick polish. I haven't noticed the rust on the chain, so that got a good scrub and lube.

The battery on the MV was flat. I had a bit of a panic when the Optimate didn't charge the battery. Thankfully the original MV charger worked, but there wasn't enough time to charge the battery so the bike would start. I'll give the MV an overnight charge at the end of the week

I'll test the Optimate on the Kawasaki, just to make sure it's working ok. I know they xany struggle if the battery is dead
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 17:49 Gave the sx a wash and quick polish. I haven't noticed the rust on the chain, so that got a good scrub and lube.

The battery on the MV was flat. I had a bit of a panic when the Optimate didn't charge the battery. Thankfully the original MV charger worked, but there wasn't enough time to charge the battery so the bike would start. I'll give the MV an overnight charge at the end of the week

I'll test the Optimate on the Kawasaki, just to make sure it's working ok. I know they xany struggle if the battery is dead
Which version of Optimate is it Kwacky, because many of them are not compatible with Lithium batteries (if that's what the MV has).
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's the Optimate 2.

It's a standard battery in the MV
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 18:04 It's the Optimate 2.

It's a standard battery in the MV
That must be getting on a bit now, if it's an OII
Nonetheless should be perfectly good enough if the MV runs a Lead Acid, shouldn't it. (I naturally presumed that it would be a Lithium as standard).
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Nothing yet, when it stops raining I'm going to give it a wash after 190 miles of getting lost / Exploring new roads in the Yorkshire Dales up near Whitby, My friends insisted I lead and not use a sat-nav.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Tried the Optimate on the MV again. It's working now.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Last Saturday, so a full week away I took the YZ out for a run at Ashdown. Not been on it for a while, started to get over excited / confident! Anyway, fast right handed berm, I almost lost it, stuck my leg to to keep balance, leg dug in, body and bike carried on.

Upshot, leg twisted backwards and sideways... Lots of pain and still painful now, told to rest it, nothing else I can do.
My physio has the amazing cream called bio freeze, that and a compression leg brace is helping recovering. Been a right nightmare this week trying to do things. At least the weekend is pretty crap outside so I don't feel I am missing out....So stuffing face with comfort food, and doing very little. Well apart from cleaning the front windows. OMG!!! I have vertical blinds and it hides the crap on the window... I cant believe how bad it was. I only noticed the other day when I was looking in from outside. That's enough exercise for today.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Sold the MX bike during the week, got back what I paid for it so can't complain.

An old hip injury made it difficult and painful at times to kick start, and that was the only option.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti