What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Cav »

Had a great day yesterday with my Son and his Grandpa. We went to a cars and coffee meet at Cotswold Barn where he made friends with everyone.

I sanded down my new fence while he napped then we went to a piss up party on a field where he played with all the other kids there.

Finished the day off with a gorgeous curry!

Today we're going to paint the fence and take the boy swimming.... possibly a BBQ tonight
PSX_20230527_213911.jpg
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Very nice Cav', with a choice like that ^ I expect steadfastly cycling to work every day may seem less attractive ? ;)

:? (Not sure which is yours, and which is Grandpa's).
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Got very dusty taking pictures of a bunch of lunatics slinging their bikes round an MX track.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

D6Nutz wrote: 28 May 2023, 19:52 Got very dusty taking pictures of a bunch of lunatics slinging their bikes round an MX track.

You've seen Frankie today then?
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:
D6Nutz wrote: 28 May 2023, 19:52 Got very dusty taking pictures of a bunch of lunatics slinging their bikes round an MX track.

You've seen Frankie today then?
I did ImageImageImage

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

You cant miss me in my 80's MX top lmao.....
Cav

Post by Cav »

Hahaha! Good man!!!
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Just been tinkering with the car, the drivers seatbelt buckle was worn out so I got a passenger side one from a younger car, they're identical so I took the seat out and changed it over.
It kept me entertained for a bit and now I know it won't let go if it's ever needed.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Had a suprise visit from Beermonster. He was cycling out this way so popped in to say hello
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Went to the beach with the kids.. took some photos of wind surfers and did very little else.

C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Drove back from a camping trip with some chums, surprisingly little traffic, then TT practice this afternoon. So nice to see it again.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Took Byron down for his Learner licence test.

Passed first pop!!! Considering when he turned 16 last September he had zero interest in getting his licence, I’m glad the work and effort I’ve put in with him has got him to this point at least. He’s still very anxious with the idea of driving, but did drive the last couple of kms home once we had turned off the Highway. So fingers crossed he’ll come around.

Jess daughter who just turned 16 sat hers yesterday as well and passed. So in two days we now have 2 learner drivers in the household.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

When done Byron
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 07:48 Took Byron down for his Learner licence test.

Passed first pop!!! Considering when he turned 16 last September he had zero interest in getting his licence, I’m glad the work and effort I’ve put in with him has got him to this point at least. He’s still very anxious with the idea of driving, but did drive the last couple of kms home once we had turned off the Highway. So fingers crossed he’ll come around.

Jess daughter who just turned 16 sat hers yesterday as well and passed. So in two days we now have 2 learner drivers in the household.
Nothing more satisfying than your kids doing well and ticking life’s boxes 👍🏻
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Well done to both Bryon & his sis' (y)
Sounds like a cheap little pool car purchase may be an imminent prospect, if only to keep your own transport safer.?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Little bit of cycling and a little bit of laundry will make up the sum total of my day.
Perhaps with some grocery shopping thrown in, just to add a bit of excitement.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote:Took Byron down for his Learner licence test.
Congrats to both kids, and congrats to parents on their imminent free taxi service Image

I'm curious, I assume a learner licence is something they have to do before they are allowed to drive on the road? What does this entail as it sounds like a great idea.

I never understood why they introduced the CBT for bikes here, but nothing similar for cars.

kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 15:48
Congrats to both kids, and congrats to parents on their imminent free taxi service Image

I'm curious, I assume a learner licence is something they have to do before they are allowed to drive on the road? What does this entail as it sounds like a great idea.

I never understood why they introduced the CBT for bikes here, but nothing similar for cars.

Leaners is simply a Road Rules Knowledge Test plus eyesight test. As you guessed, it allows them to have driving instruction on public roads. They then have to complete a logbook of 120 hrs which also includes 10 specific modules. Then it’s Hazard Perception Test and once 12 months/120 hrs is complete they can do the actually driving test and get their P1’s (Provisional) which has speed and passenger restrictions. Another 12 months can apply for P2’s which lifts the speed restrictions from 90km to 100km (still can’t do 110 on motorways). 24 months later can apply for Full Licence.

While on the graduated licence, zero alcohol, zero mobile phone interaction (including in cradle) and If you're under 25 and are on your P1 you must not drive with more than one passenger who is under 21 between 11pm and 5am.

Byron was adamant he wasn’t going to drive. With his ASD he has high anxiety already and all the shock and awe tactics they use for road safety campaigns has only made that worse. But I’ve done a lot of work with him since he turned 16 and we got the first hurdle conquered.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote:
D6Nutz wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 15:48

Leaners is simply a Road Rules Knowledge Test plus eyesight test. As you guessed, it allows them to have driving instruction on public roads. They then have to complete a logbook of 120 hrs which also includes 10 specific modules. Then it’s Hazard Perception Test and once 12 months/120 hrs is complete they can do the actually driving test and get their P1’s (Provisional) which has speed and passenger restrictions. Another 12 months can apply for P2’s which lifts the speed restrictions from 90km to 100km (still can’t do 110 on motorways). 24 months later can apply for Full Licence.

While on the graduated licence, zero alcohol, zero mobile phone interaction (including in cradle) and If you're under 25 and are on your P1 you must not drive with more than one passenger who is under 21 between 11pm and 5am.

Byron was adamant he wasn’t going to drive. With his ASD he has high anxiety already and all the shock and awe tactics they use for road safety campaigns has only made that worse. But I’ve done a lot of work with him since he turned 16 and we got the first hurdle conquered.
Wow!

That's a lot and very complicated.

Do you feel that it makes a difference to the standard of driving, out does everyone just ignore the rules and chance it?

kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

The quality of driving as you get closer to the CBD (we are just outside the metro area, semi rural) the worse it gets.

I didn’t go through this system myself, in NZ at 15 yrs old, I just rocked up and got my full licence on the day. A year later they brought in the a graduated system and I had to do that on my bike licence.

So I really couldn’t comment on the effect of the system here. The benefit is I guess that P1’s have to display red P plates and P2’s green P plates. So it’s easier for the coppers to police the rules and restrictions. Red P drivers are generally the highest proportion of ratbags. Given that majority are 17-19 it’s no great surprise. I was no angel driving at that age either. The cops here are quick to come down on graduated drivers misbehaving. We have anti hoon laws as well which can see your car impounded and in some states crushed for high speed/extreme dangerous driving.