TuneECU - Daytona 600

The news and your views about biking
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Re: TuneECU - Daytona 600

Post by StMarks »

StMarks wrote:
jlawie wrote:..Any luck??
Really sorry, I haven't been prioritising this like I should. I will be finished tonight by about 8pm, so I will have another crack at it then & let you know how I get on.
Best part of 3 hours, and I am no further on. :@

I'm too tired to continue any further this evening, and it will be a long day at work for me tomorrow so I'm calling it a night.

I will try a different approach tomorrow evening.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Success, of a sort.

I have installed my old copy of TuneECU ( including the drivers that I have on a CDR) onto a different laptop,

I then connected it to my Daytona using the same cable & it works fine.!

When you have the cable connected to your bike, & plugged into your laptop, open TuneECU, poise your cursor over "interface" on the toolbar top left & see what interface it is showing.?
jlawie
Your Bike: Daytona 600 2004

Post by jlawie »

Thats showing COM6 from memory.

Going to try another laptop tonight.

FIngers crossed
andrewed1
Your Bike: 2004 Daytona 600

Post by andrewed1 »

Hi all i have also just brought a Daytona 600 with a Remus exhaust,

Do you guys still have these's maps.

is it possible to send me some?

thanks
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

andrewed1 wrote:Hi all i have also just brought a Daytona 600 with a Remus exhaust,

Do you guys still have these's maps.

is it possible to send me some?

thanks
http://tuneecu.com/Tune_List.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andrewed1
Your Bike: 2004 Daytona 600

Post by andrewed1 »

Perkles,

I will look at theses, thanks
Yammyr4
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Post by Yammyr4 »

Hi All,

I'm thinking about getting this, as I have a D600 which I have finally got the charging system sorted. But the bike had sat for a year and the fuel had gone off making it misfire and stall. So fitted new plugs and filled with new fuel, but still was not how it used to be, so I had the throttle bodies balanced, but now it seems like the idle is too low and does not start clean like it used to. Also it seems to not pick up right from idle. Is the TPS meant to be reset once it has been balanced? Can this be done on the D600 with Tuneecu? The bike is standard. Cheers
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Did you get a new battery as well? That could be the cause of a weak start.

If you got old fuel in the system you'll probably need to get through a tank of good fuel to clean it all out.

Decent injector cleaners are worth it, especially on an older bike.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60180-red-l ... ycles.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You get a forum discount on that site with the code "slap"
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Tune ecu will throw up any errors like Tps problems etc,you can set the idle via it quite easily as well
Last edited by Perkles on 16 Aug 2014, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Yammyr4

Post by Yammyr4 »

Kwacky wrote:Did you get a new battery as well? That could be the cause of a weak start.

If you got old fuel in the system you'll probably need to get through a tank of good fuel to clean it all out.

Decent injector cleaners are worth it, especially on an older bike.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60180-red-l ... ycles.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You get a forum discount on that site with the code "slap"
Thanks Kwacky.

Yeah it was a complete new system, so new stator, old original rotor back on, new regulator with battery sensing and a new battery all replaced at the same time. The weak start is not the way it turns over, but the way it fires up. It used to start up and go to near 2000 rpm for cold start without having to touch the throttle, but now it sounds like it is running on 2 or 3 and eventually revs up to near 2000rpm. But when you try to blip it from idle once it has warmed up a bit it is hesitant and does not pick up immediately.

Fuel was drained out and new stuff put in once I got back from the MOT as this was the first time I knew about the misfire and running problems, because up until then it was only ran on the paddock stand checking the charging system. I have also put a fuel cleaner in, and it is on it's second tank of new fuel. Thanks for the link.
Yammyr4

Post by Yammyr4 »

Perkles wrote:Tune ecu will throw up any errors like Tps problems etc,you can't set the idle via it quite easily as well
Thanks Perkles. I don't have the MIL light which I guess I would have if the TPS was faulty. Just wondered if it needs resetting after the throttle bodies where balanced? Should that be you can change the idle?
Yammyr4

Post by Yammyr4 »

So the cable has arrived today, just need to download the drivers. To change the idle do you just change the value on the left?