Mid Wales Rideout Report

The news and your views about biking
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Mid Wales Rideout Report

Post by Blade »

What a great day.

Went to bed with a forecast of rain, but got up to sunny blue skys, happy days.
Well they were but not for long, got a few miles out of Manchester and I bumped into Rocket on the way to the Raven, and he brought the rain with him, so the damp start is officially his fault.

Got a bit of a drenching for the next 20 minutes until we got past Oulton Park on the A49. Had Rosso Corsa tyres on and boy do they spin up easy. At first which was just after I had fuelled up I thought I had some dirty fuel as when opening the throttle nothing happened before stuttering into life. Turns out it wasn't dirty fuel just the back spinning up and this is in top gear roll on's on the motorway, straight lining it. Oh well bit twitchy at first but soon dried and I found my confidence on route to the Raven.

Me and Rocket met up with Jim, Alex and Andy had a quick cup of tea before heading over to Newtown to hook up with Bratty and Kwacky. Once we were all together we took the a483 to Crossgates and had a good run, it was like synchronised cornering with us all flying along in formation like the red arrows, haha.

We fuelled up at Crossgates and took the A44 to Aberystwyth. I had one of those rare moments when you feel on it and everything is flowing and had a really good blast over to Aber, quickly despatching any slower vehicles I came across.

Had a chat and ice cream before departing Aber for Bala which took in some real fast roads which were a really good blast to ride. Saw the RAF boys a few times on route doing some low level flying, tried to stay with them but boy are those Tornado GR4's a bit quick, haha. Had a quick chin wag in Bala before refuelling and heading for home.

Great day out with some tops lads and one I will remember for a while. Cheers to everyone involved for another great Tankslap rideout, happy days.
Last edited by Blade on 06 Aug 2014, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Mid Wales Rideout Report

Post by Kwacky »

Nice write up.

Me and Bratty hooked up near mine and made good progress to the meeting point. Enough time for a bite to eat.

The A483 has to be done. I do like that road.

The highlight for me today was seeing Jimmy's confidence come back during the day. He was flying in the afternoon.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

nice write up Blade thanks for organising the day (h) love you long time
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Love you too sweetie.

And nice bum wiggle on the way home you big tease.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky cheers for the TS cards, will hand them out and leave some in biking spots I visit in Derbyshire.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Cheers. Spread the love!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Glad you guys had a great day out, despite the weathers best attempts to put a dampener on things..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Deano
Your Bike: Suzuki GSX-R600

Post by Deano »

Gutted i couldnt make it out, if your thinking of having a re-run before summer ends plesae keep me posted... :-)