Rocket Report on Mallory 08 aug

The news and your views about biking
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Rocket Report on Mallory 08 aug

Post by rocket »

Thursday rang Mallory to see if i could camp over yep that's fine just need to get to the circuit for 9 pm (thanks Kwacky if you had not suggested it i don't think i would have but im pleased i did). Got the van packed and off i went got to Mallory and there were a couple of caravans and 2 people camping they were like two school boys giggling about everything making snidey comments. I tried to say hello but got brushed off so did my own thing and got off to sleep. Woke up around 530 got sleeping arrangements packed up and got the gear out the van.

Was pleased to see Kwaky and Perkles arrive as i had a few nerves and it was nice to have some conversation. Comedy briefing show was quickly dispatched and then chilled out Jack arrived and more banter was in order till it was our turn on track.

1st session i was bit nervous i got behind the instructor and tried to follow his lines but he was a little more interested in what the rest of the group was doing. He ducked in and i was tip toeing round Perkles came passed and there was no way i could stick with him. I got held up in traffic and got a nice finger salute from kwacky as he came round the outside (inlove) . I came in and was not convinced about the track or my riding.

the sessions after this were kind of a blur my speed increased through out the day i jelled with the bike and the track the speed I could put it into Gerrards was truly amazing i just kept on up the speed and the bike just kept going round. I am not a heavy breaker but i found this one of the easiest ways to dispatch of most of the people in front and the brakes on the B1 are F!"£ing awesome helped by the brembo radial. I waited till the person infront braked and then braked later it was a good job there were no demon late breakers in the group or it could have been a disaster.

The day was excellent I LOVE the track its small but busy with not much rest on the bike. The bike was out standing i remember why i loved the b1 so much it had more than enough power really flick able with good brakes what more could a man ask for. It was great getting out on track with kwacky and Perkles and thanks very much jack for coming along and taking the photos and roadrace for the banter. Yes i was like a giddy school kid i really enjoyed the day and the nerves turned to adrenalin and then i was buzzing. The day made me feel like i was 12 again why i love bikes bring out the big kid in me and to share that with people makes it even better sorry if i was a bit annoying i just get so excited (lol)

and then

and then

and then ............. (h)
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Rocket Report on Mallory 08 aug

Post by Kwacky »

I forgot about my little greeting as I went past (devil)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Glad you liked mallory,Gerard's is mega isn't it :)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Perkles wrote:Glad you liked mallory,Gerard's is mega isn't it :)
Yes yes yes yes
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Glad you enjoyed it mate, and if you can't rave on about a track day on a motorbike forum where can ya! So don't be sorry!

I've booked in for a track day at Eastern Creek - on the new extended circuit, on the 12 Oct so reading all these track day reports is revving me up even more!!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

kiwikrasher wrote:Glad you enjoyed it mate, and if you can't rave on about a track day on a motorbike forum where can ya! So don't be sorry!

I've booked in for a track day at Eastern Creek - on the new extended circuit, on the 12 Oct so reading all these track day reports is revving me up even more!!
If you cover my travel expenses I'll come and take pictures (toivo)
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Sounds like I missed a good day! Just watched a few laps on YouTube and that's a crazy track! Was there any noise testing?
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Jack wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:Glad you enjoyed it mate, and if you can't rave on about a track day on a motorbike forum where can ya! So don't be sorry!

If you cover my travel expenses I'll come and take pictures (toivo)
Mate I wish I could!! Your photos piss all over the 'official track photographer' at Eastern Creek. Haven't you got a really big zoom lens that can get me from there?? (lol)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

There was noise testing.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

mine was 101dba with a standard can !
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Perkles wrote:mine was 101dba with a standard can !
Hooligan! ]:)