What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Cavetroll87 »

A good thing,Well I'm Gunna try and look at it that way and no not fired I'm not that bad lol, dunno it's weird the boss went for a meeting with the bank, conpanys been in the Shit for a while but then just phoned up and told me and the other staff to all go home, no explanation so that's why I think rather than have lol, I don't know, I'm half expecting a call to day don't come back Monday as we can't afford you but I honestly don't know, so hitting the job hunting hard over the weekend
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Sorry to hear that mate I hope you find something soon.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Cheers mate,
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Sorry to hear that.

How long have you been with them?
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

3 years so hopefully she has enough money to pay me redundancy
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Today was my first day officially back at work since my eye troube started before Easter. Reduced hours (theoretically 9.30 until 2pm though it was more like 9 until 3pm, but that was at my choice). Cycled there and back which felt really good and feel like I made a difference today.

We have a guy in our department who's had a few ups and downs (who hasn't) but is basically sound for a Gixxer boy! He's got a girlfriend and 1 year old daughter who live in a village just outside Leeds, so he goes to see them every weekend as she won't move to Brum and he can't get a job up there. The timings of his trips mean his timekeeping is erratic, his absence record isn't great and he's getting on the radar for HR to get involved....so I had a bit of a think as to how we could help him help us and offered him permanent late shift on a Monday (10 - 6) and permanent early on Friday (6 - 1.30). This would mean that instead of having to drive through the night on a Sunday he could come direct from Leeds first thing and could also go straight from work at lunchtime on a Friday and avoid the worst of the traffic. Needless to say he went for that big style! It's nice to be able to do that - remember just cos you're a boss, it doesn't *necessarily* follow that you have to be a cockwallet! :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nice one Beermonster. I've been very impressed with the way you've tackled everything. It would have been very easy to feel sorry for yourself and hide away.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:Nice one Beermonster.
(f1) what seems so simple as an hour here and there makes such a massive difference when you have young children. Its amazing how many companies wouldn't do what you did because its against some policy somewhere.

@cavetroll. Sometimes fate takes over and opens a door that you might not have had the chance to open. Fingers crossed that door is just round the corner.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Cheers fellas. It's a classic win:win - I get an extra 4 hours of coverage in the department per week (core hours are 8 -4) and an engaged employee who wants to work for me, he gets extra time with his family and realises he's being given a chance. Don't get me wrong, I've made it *very* clear that if he takes the pi$$ then what the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away, but he's smart enough to realise that and I don't believe he'll do that.

It may be a cliche but it's true - your staff are your biggest asset . If you can get 'em on board then you've got it made. I've had my fair share of $hit bosses, so at least I know what *not* to do! :D
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

beermonster wrote:Cheers fellas. It's a classic win:win - I get an extra 4 hours of coverage in the department per week (core hours are 8 -4) and an engaged employee who wants to work for me, he gets extra time with his family and realises he's being given a chance. Don't get me wrong, I've made it *very* clear that if he takes the pi$$ then what the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away, but he's smart enough to realise that and I don't believe he'll do that.

It may be a cliche but it's true - your staff are your biggest asset . If you can get 'em on board then you've got it made. I've had my fair share of $hit bosses, so at least I know what *not* to do! :D
Top work mate, considering all you've been thru' it'd be easy to just tell him to harden up, sort it out. What you've done is awesome, I hope he respects that.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

@ Cavetroll: sometimes things work out for the best, keep your positive attitude and things definitely will (y)

@ Beermonster: Top work, excellent leadership skills! People will notice.
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Well back to work this am, the boss sat us down and basically told us, 2 months to save the company but were best off looking for other stuff, I suppose that is the best thing for me, means I can job hunt and find something but at least im not at risk of immediate joblessness, as one of my colleagues put it "squeeky bum time"
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

As you say at least you've got some time to try and find another job, rather than being dumped there and then.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Yeah, quite impressed she was so honest with us as she normally isnt but I think that shows the seriousness of the situation. ah well busy few months ahead I think
Stew
Your Bike: GPZ900R and Z650 B3

Post by Stew »

Nice one Beermonster, top bossing that :)
Good luck Cavetroll, shame youre not up here mate, were taking loads on atm
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cavetroll should move so he's closer to the tankslap ride outs (devil)
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'm just about to call a sickie, apparently I either have a perforated eardrum or an ear infection, balance is all over the place, hate calling in sick as well, very rarely ever do it, ah well need to to wobble out and get some antibiotics in a bit (puke)
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:Cavetroll should move so he's closer to the tankslap ride outs (devil)
you never know mate, the Mrs works for a University in London and has said if she doesnt get her pay rise and stuff once she has finished her masters degree she will move to another university and I think she fancies either Bristol or Oxford, so both a tiny bit closer lol

GWS Stew, hope it clears up pretty quick
Stew

Post by Stew »

Oh I'll be fine mate :)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Minding the kids after only 1 hours sleep last night from 530 to 630 am, going to be a great day (gah)