How are you today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

How are you today?

Post by Cav »

We all need to talk and it isn't always a vent.

I'm feeling more and more exhausted each day despite great amounts and quality of sleep. I put it down to starting a new job but also the lights in our office. It feels like hayfever but I didn't get it yesterday when working from home.

Also, I've been tracking symptoms in the Covid-19 Symptom Tracker app and nothings changing drastically so it isn't that.

Yesterday was an odd day for me. I struggle really bad with being stuck in the house. I had a tough emotional day having not left the house for anything but a 20 minute dog walk in my lunch break. My Wife came back from doing another tough shift at work and my mood immediately dropped hers too. Subsequently she was up til about 5am this morning unable to sleep. I think I need one of those therapy phone calls, Kiwi!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: How are you today?

Post by Kwacky »

Bored. I hate having to be at home for work.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Bored, and I have a headache. I almost NEVER get headaches.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:Bored. I hate having to be at home for work.
I did my first day working from home this week and I discovered that I have mixed feelings about it so I get why you hate it

It has its perks. At the moment it's nice not having to wash your hands so much by working at home.

I certainly want to do it every week or 2.
Cav

Post by Cav »

D41 wrote:Bored, and I have a headache. I almost NEVER get headaches.
I hope it passes quick buddy.. a bottle of wine helps mine
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Well Feck me, its the first time I have had a chance to catch up, been working from home like lots, so many people saying they are slowing down!!!
I wish, busy week last week, i think this will slow down a little as things go on. Not even been out the house, i have lost the ability to want to go out!!!

I think if I can get my arse off the couch, i will get into the garden to sort it out, its a mess lol.....
I dug out the PS3, lots of updating its not been on since 2010 lol.......I might be a bit rusty... So I might just say good bye to the weekend when COD goes on ha ha

On a plus side on the work front, we are setting up skype sales meetings twice a week, so we can all have a general catch up, brain storming etc.... keeps everyone talking., and motivated. Its working well already, next week some online training programs will be set up. If they work we will role out for customers who want to take part.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I feel like a steam train has ran over me and slept a lot yesterday
I hate to admit it but a bit of anxiety is now starting to creep in and I must keep that in check
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Cav wrote:
D41 wrote:Bored, and I have a headache. I almost NEVER get headaches.
I hope it passes quick buddy.. a bottle of wine helps mine
Thanks. (y) I usually take 2 Tylenol, and then take 1 nap...seems to do the trick.
But like I say, I don't get them very often so I shouldn't really complain.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Mate, i know what your saying, communication with people, just general chatting any old shit is a must, I am not in the same position health wise, but after the colonoscopy last year, things inside have not been the same and its been a right struggle for me. Getting the right food has been a nightmare, which has added to the issues,,,, last week was a very uncomfortable week, and yes the anxiety keeps creeping in.

I know it is easy to say, and I struggle, but keep positive, with thoughts and everything.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Perkles wrote:I feel like a steam train has ran over me and slept a lot yesterday
I hate to admit it but a bit of anxiety is now starting to creep in and I must keep that in check
Pick up the phone and call me if you need to.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Perkles wrote:I feel like a steam train has ran over me and slept a lot yesterday
We're always here if you need a chat mate.

It's good that you're sleeping, gives the body a chance to fight whatevers going on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

having PTSD I am alright with the isolation but I know it will be hard for me to adapt again when it is all over .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

And you jack, you know where we are if you need anything
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

thanks mate , I am being looked after by my friends and family with regular phone calls and offers of shopping for me etc but I'm all good atm.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Jack wrote:having PTSD I am alright with the isolation but I know it will be hard for me to adapt again when it is all over .
I’m a bit the same Jack. I think the month post my surgery where I was at home by myself and unable to do much but sit on the couch has given me a good mental strength to manage this.

But as you say, I think I’m going to struggle more at the other end having to deal with people again. Getting quite comfortable in my own company. Even the phone calls are wearing me down a bit.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

How are you surviving today?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

Frankie wrote:Well Feck me, its the first time I have had a chance to catch up, been working from home like lots, so many people saying they are slowing down!!!
I wish, busy week last week, i think this will slow down a little as things go on. Not even been out the house, i have lost the ability to want to go out!!!

I think if I can get my arse off the couch, i will get into the garden to sort it out, its a mess lol.....
I dug out the PS3, lots of updating its not been on since 2010 lol.......I might be a bit rusty... So I might just say good bye to the weekend when COD goes on ha ha

On a plus side on the work front, we are setting up skype sales meetings twice a week, so we can all have a general catch up, brain storming etc.... keeps everyone talking., and motivated. Its working well already, next week some online training programs will be set up. If they work we will role out for customers who want to take part.
How did your weekend of CoD go?
Cav

Post by Cav »

How are we all doing today? First day back to work for some after hopefully a nice break
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Working on the positives.

Went for a long walk over the weekend and visited places we didn't know existed even though they are walking distance from our front door.

Back working this morning but otherwise getting jobs done that have needed doing for ages.

The sun is shining, been for a run and drinking coffee. Life is good in the circumstances.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Spacey as today and a bit overwhelmed.

Did half a night shift last night, went to bed and up at 5am to be on day shift from 6 this morning. It's crew change day and on minimum manning so till the crew choppers get in there is myself and one other tech as field ops, normally 5-8 guys. And I'm responsible for my area which today is my first solo day... fun fun. Reads like the start of an incident report lol "the tech involved had only had 5 hours sleep due to shift swap, had minimal experience in the area and was also managing multiple other areas when the incident occurred"

Will have more crew from lunchtime which is good because I'm going to hit the wall about 2-3 pm. One more week to go.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.