What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Frankie »

MUPPETS ! who can't drive the car they seem to be in control of........ The same muppets who want to drive fast, but can't control their car and stay on their side of the road...... MUPPETS the lot of them.......
Moan and rant over.....
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

So we turn up at the hospital for the wife’s eye to be looked at by the Doctor who did the op last year.

Booked in, sat down and waited. It was busy.

The elderly lady in The wheelchair next to us, stopped a nurse walking by to ask when she would be seen as her appointment should have been 70 minutes ago.

Nurse then admits there is only one of the three expected doctors in (not the one the wife wanted to see) and they were running about two hours behind schedule.

Wife insisted they remake her appointment.

I fail to see how throwing money alone at the NHS will solve much of its problems.

So I have lost another half days work and money this week.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Frankie wrote:MUPPETS ! who can't drive the car they seem to be in control of........ The same muppets who want to drive fast, but can't control their car and stay on their side of the road...... MUPPETS the lot of them.......
Moan and rant over.....
Same, this morning I came close to being taken out by a pensioner in a large new mercedes, when I hit the horn she just made a shoo motion and carried on... She had just ignored a red light at a cross road and missed my bumper by inches. (In the car).
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Stonesie wrote:
Frankie wrote:MUPPETS ! who can't drive the car they seem to be in control of........ The same muppets who want to drive fast, but can't control their car and stay on their side of the road...... MUPPETS the lot of them.......
Moan and rant over.....
Same, this morning I came close to being taken out by a pensioner in a large new mercedes, when I hit the horn she just made a shoo motion and carried on... She had just ignored a red light at a cross road and missed my bumper by inches. (In the car).
It's getting more frequent..... :(

Oh yeah and my rant tonight is about work...... it fekcing sucks, well the worked doesn't, but the fools around me just drain all my patients..... I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow, already sent over a few emails tonight.... he is gonna need a bullet brood vest and helmet tomorrow, both barrels will be unloaded. If I don't I will have a break down.

Sick and tired of having to Janet and john evertything so other can do the job I need them to do, and to be fair they are paid to do. I am working stupid o'clock in the morning, doing my job all day, then working stupid o'clock at night, so I get things done correct and they still feck it up. I feel they are not capable If they can't learn they should be sacked..... I have learnt new things, processes, products all sorts over the past four years, why the hell cant others ??????? That have been here longer than me and still know jack shit.

It's like they are computers, (shit ones) turn on work all day, turn off at the end of the day, someone's then presses Control - alt - delete, and the next day they are doing all the stupid shit all over again as thought they are doing it for the first time...... I am sick of this. All the while I am hit with target apin target.

I wish I was one of those people who don't care, clock in clock out, clock in clock out, I can't work like that, I am passionate about what I do and want to do it well, which makes it all the worse as I get frustrated and angry, and tomorrow I will blow (bandit) (gah) (facepalm)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I logged in at work to do some work tonight. Then I saw my boss hadn't been online for 4 hours so thought **** it.

Mate, work will take the piss if they know someone like you is taking up the slack of others.

Don't kill yourself over work so others can put their feet up.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I have to say, i work at a number of sites and places over the course of a month.

There is not one place i go to where the majority are happy in their work.

There are a lot of places as Frankie describes where a small few are carrying the workload of a lot of others. Too be much is being asked and expected of too few.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

My employer has introduced me to a phrase which I think should not exist.. "Promoted out of the way" one of my managers was a driver, he had several crashes due to incompetence. Driving with his elbows on the steering wheel and flattering some railings for example.

People who don't have crashes seem to get denied promotion because they are good in their current role...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's just taking the piss
duke63

Post by duke63 »

That a well known Government-body phrase. The NHS is full of people like that.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

"Promoted out of the way" is exactly what described things in my last place of employment and would definitely explain why no one was progressing anymore. All the roles you needed to get to were saturated with people that couldn't move elsewhere because they're sh!t.

If I stayed where I was, I think I could have turned into one of those "lifers", one of those whom has zero motivation. I've realised how passionate I used to be about my work now I'm interviewing and job satisfaction is now one of the two largest considerations
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

I've seen it all my life.
Various core issues:
If you are conscientious, hard working & good at the job, you will stay in that original role & never progress.
The harder you work, and the more workload you take on, the more will be put on you.
In many large organisations useless or lazy or otherwise undesirable employees are moved sideways (& upwards, as a carrot) to nimby the problem.
Even organisations that work hard to avoid the above inevitably suffer from the Peter Principle. Whereby every one who is effective & efficient at their role will be promoted until they reach a level at which they are no longer good enough to fulfil the role well. That is where they stop, & stay.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote: Even organisations that work hard to avoid the above inevitably suffer from the Peter Principle. Whereby every one who is effective & efficient at their role will be promoted until they reach a level at which they are no longer good enough to fulfil the role well. That is where they stop, & stay.
Or simply put, "promoted to your level of incompetence" as we used to say in the military.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've always moved when I've needed to make a step up. It's the easiest way to get what you want.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Yup, nothing great ever came from staying in a comfort zone.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

My eye. Sinus still playing up. I'm on drugs have been since Thursday. It's like when the drugs wear off I can feel the paint again.

Also the muppets upstairs redoing their kitchen, banging flipping hard since 8AM. Hasn't stopped. I'm so glad I went to sleep at 10pm last night because my eye was playing up if I stayed up until 3am this morning I would of gone up there and had a go because I'm on my nights from tonight and need sleep

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
TriumphFan
Your Bike: Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports

Post by TriumphFan »

Never been a massive fan of Caroline Flack, but the media reporting that the main reason of her poor MH AMD subsequent suicide was the CPS prosecuting her for the alleged domestic assault she committed....

The fact that this poor woman was hounded by these very same media sources, who are now attempting to shift the blame to a competent prosecution, making out that because the victim has stated he wished no legal proceedings and the CPS are continuing with case, f**ks me off no end!!

Lost count of how many times I’ve switched tv off/over...

Rant over - apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

CPS aren't competent though but I do agree with you on the rest. Absolute piss take what people are allowed to get away with.
TriumphFan

Post by TriumphFan »

Thankfully no experience of CPS. In this day and age to try and insinuate that a suspect (of either sex) shouldn’t be prosecuted because the victim wants to ‘drop’ charges, is prehistoric.

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Just over 90% of victims of domestic abuse don't want to press charges.
TriumphFan

Post by TriumphFan »

That’s exactly what I said to the Mrs. All cases where there’s enough evidence must go through the judicial process, otherwise we’d be as well closing the courts.