A fling with an Africa Twin Adventure Sports

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: A fling with an Africa Twin Adventure Sports

Post by Kwacky »

It depends what your friend wants it for. If it's road miles for trips out then the Multi is the most accomplished IMO. It's a smooth ride, very capable, sporty and comfortable. It's a very polished bike. I wouldn't take one off road though. I know people do, but it's more road orientated than the other bikes mentioned.

The 1090 is a workhorse, a lot like the Versys. There's not much to it, just a decent engine and the ability to take a daily beating.

The Africa Twin is Honda doing what it does best - well built quality bikes which will do the job you want. It doesn't excel on the road or off the road, but it does both really well.

The 1290 Adventure could be a compromise. It's a raw and more rugged version of the Multi. Big bike, road presence, massive shoves of grunt but comfortable for road miles.

I've not tried the SDGT.

I hope that is of some help.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: A fling with an Africa Twin Adventure Sports

Post by kiwikrasher »

Totally agree with Kwacky on the Multi off-road. I’ve done a couple of hundred km’s on the gravel on the Multi, and while I wouldn’t shy away from doing sections of dirt/gravel if need be, I don’t go seeking them (anymore)

Road tyres off-road are sh*t. If you put anything with a dirt bias on the Multi you are ruining 80% of its capability imo.
10ACB51E-86D1-42A8-B21B-C9065A6E2801.jpeg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.