WTF?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: WTF?

Post by duke63 »

Leaders use religion to justify their politics and not the other way round.

Man has always had a religious mindset to attempt to explain why we are here. It’s sonething we are unlikely to ever discover until the day we die, one way or another.

As to 1000 years from now. I think we can be pretty certain that man will no
longer exist on Earth unless we dramatically change our ways very soon.

Once Man learned how to think beyond the limits of feeding himself and procreating, he has systematically destroyed his environment. In the last 200 years, we have done this at alarming rate.
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

duke63 wrote:Leaders use religion to justify their politics and not the other way round.
Absolutely. (rock)
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

duke63 wrote: As to 1000 years from now. I think we can be pretty certain that man will no
longer exist on Earth unless we dramatically change our ways very soon.
Exactly my point. If we get rid of religion and greed on earth the future of this planet and man kind will be bright for sure. 8)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

You can’t get rid of religion as it’s Man’s way of justifying g and explained his existence and it’s impossible to either prove or disprove.

You would have more chance of Man surviving by getting ridden of the current political systems and those who run it. And breaking down Country borders and making them non existent.

Religion isn’t the problem, Nationality is.
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

You,re right about changing the political systems but generally if the world,s population become more educated and evolve more the political systems will change too. At the moment the politocal systems take advantage of people,s naivity which causes problems that we,re facing today.

I dont have a problem with any religion but what I,m saying is that religion is the root cause of intelligence not developing in people,s minds.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Fireball wrote:
Exactly my point. If we get rid of religion and greed on earth the future of this planet and man kind will be bright for sure. 8)
Where the fook have you said this?
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Fireball wrote:You,re right about changing the political systems but generally if the world,s population become more educated and evolve more the political systems will change too. At the moment the politocal systems take advantage of people,s naivity which causes problems that we,re facing today.

I dont have a problem with any religion but what I,m saying is that religion is the root cause of intelligence not developing in people,s minds.
I disagree. The route cause of lack of intelligence is education systems of the world not teaching the whole truth. How much do British people know about the atrocities committed by British people in the Commonwealth, in wars before WW1 ir back in the Crusades? If we want to know about these things we have to search for them as it doesn’t suit the political agenda of UK parties to have them taught in school.
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

We seem to agree on a lot of things duke except the religion issue which is fair enough to disagree on that one. Cheers for your input. (y) (y)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I tend to think most people's. attributes...including intelligence, etc...are genetic/inherited. I can't really see it any other way.
Education simply uncovers it and let's it shine.
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

D41 wrote:I tend to think most people's. attributes...including intelligence, etc...are genetic/inherited. I can't really see it any other way.
Education simply uncovers it and let's it shine.
Humans can also develop and nurture their minds by emptying it of any crap and filling it with good stuff.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Hippie. :P
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

IQ is predominantly genetic , good nurturing can help improve it .
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

Jack wrote:IQ is predominantly genetic , good nurturing can help improve it .
Thats correct but genes are passed on from previous generations who have evolved and developed their brains by nurturing it with good and useful materials.

Therefore we still go back to my first point that development and nurturing the brain with good stuff is very important which causes humans to evolve and that turns gradually into genes that are passed onto the future generations.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Fireball wrote:
Jack wrote:IQ is predominantly genetic , good nurturing can help improve it .
Thats correct but genes are passed on from previous generations who have evolved and developed their brains by nurturing it with good and useful materials.

Therefore we still go back to my first point that development and nurturing the brain with good stuff is very important which causes humans to evolve and that turns gradually into genes that are passed onto the future generations.
I don't think you quite understand evolution .
You cannot change/evolve genes with nurture .
The reason nurture can help improve IQ is because the brain is similar to a muscle in respect that it can be trained, this is not evolution .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Fireball wrote: Humans can also develop and nurture their minds by emptying it of any crap and filling it with good stuff.
Go on then, you go first.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Fwiw Furrball my views are not too remote from your own, however I do have some observations based on comments you have made.
Firstly perhaps, when proclaiming, bear in mind that there are plenty of very intelligent & enlightened people who choose to subscribe to any of the religious mantras. Whilst I realise that much of that is linked to the social expectations that they were nurtured in, nonetheless if far more intelligent & rational minds can see it to be a correct choice is it not conceivable that the likes of you and I are simply inadequately gifted to understand.? ( Like explaining sight to a blind person, or being able to comprehend the concept of eternity )

Also, as pointed out, religious cults are simply a vessel (mis)used to achieve control & association of others. Without it other political bigotries will rapidly be adopted for the same perverse ends. Evidence of this is abundant. Whilst it is easy to blame these existing cults, they are simply a readily available tool. Such is Human nature.

IMHO the greatest risk to the Human race is not religion.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

The simple answer is to ban physical borders between Nations. It’s proven time and again that it prevents war.

Problem is it takes away politicians power and they hate that.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

duke63 wrote:The simple answer is to ban physical borders between Nations. It’s proven time and again that it prevents war.
can you provide some evidence of this please .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

How do you tax the population to pay for the infrastructure?
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

Kwacky wrote:
Fireball wrote: Humans can also develop and nurture their minds by emptying it of any crap and filling it with good stuff.
Go on then, you go first.
I,ve started my path years ago kwacky but it seems you really need to kick start yours mate. And remember this, Cheapest form of wit is sarcasm. (rolf)

I have no more to say to you either. (rock)