Myelination required...

The news and your views about biking
Fireball
Your Bike:

Myelination required...

Post by Fireball »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.buffe ... erformance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I,ve not been riding for over 3 years and I feel rusty and can,t go round the bends the way I used to be able to. This happened to me about 10 years ago too when I had developed some sort of pain in my legs which made me stop riding for a couple of years. Then when my legs were better I practiced and got that ability back to ride fast on corners again.

But after 3 years of not riding again I,m back to square 1 and need myelinating to get back into it again. I didn,t understand the reason why this happens until I read this article and learned about this process of Mylination. Fascinating stuff. 8)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Myelination required...

Post by Kwacky »

Look where you want to go. It;'s simple advice and it works.
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

Kwacky wrote:Look where you want to go. It;'s simple advice and it works.
I do that of course kwacky, thats the first rule but throwing the bike into a corner at a fast pace I,m talking about which needs a lot of practice to get over the fears. It is that feeling or confidence that goes away once I,ve been away from biking for a few years.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Ill be honest its a long article. But for what you said dont worry...i feel really wobbly too after 4-5 months of not riding

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

Hehehe, it is a bit long winded Rossgo you,re right mate.
(lol)
Basically what seemed interesting to me was the explanation of this notion of practice makes perfect and why. Its simply because with practicing a tissue named Myelin is produced that speeds up and strengthens the nerve signals travelling in the brain which helps us become better in whatever that we do. Thats a summary of it that I found interesting. (rock)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Fireball wrote:Hehehe, it is a bit long winded Rossgo you,re right mate.
(lol)
Basically what seemed interesting to me was the explanation of this notion of practice makes perfect and why. Its simply because with practicing a tissue named Myelin is produced that speeds up and strengthens the nerve signals travelling in the brain which helps us become better in whatever that we do. Thats a summary of it that I found interesting. (rock)
To be fair that is interesting, its amazing how our brains work, i literally habe bo idea how they do work, its far above me and my knowledge level lol!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

Its all above my head too, I just pretend I understand it. :D