The end of pit lane babes

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

The end of pit lane babes

Post by Kwacky »

So F1 have followed the darts and got rid of fine looking young ladies in skimpy outfits.

I do think brollie dollies are a bit dated, but why is a woman can no longer chose to wear next to nothing or skin tight lyrca, yet we're being told women are getting more rights when the decision to ban them is made by middle aged men?
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: The end of pit lane babes

Post by Blade »

Absolutely ridiculous. There calling for an end to it in the tour de France and other events too.

Nobody forces the women into it and people can make a handsome living from modelling and PR work.

Women should be treated equal and with respect but this is just putting people who are happy in their jobs out of work.

A poll on GMTV had 25% in agreement and 75% in disagreement so clearly not popular with the public.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

the women involved in the industry are not very happy , they were exercising their rights doing a job they love ( mostly) , the most commonly held view seems to be that this is the opposite of feminism as it is restricting their rights to work in their chosen field
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

The fun police must be running out of things to stop these days as they have killed most things off now.

What a boring, templated life we are leaving for our children who will have nothing to do but sit on the fence.

Crazy and never for the better.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

They're just like cheerleaders in American Football to my mind....it's a bit of harmless fun & eye candy, that's all.....and no more detrimental than bikinis on a beach....and no-one gives those a second thought.

On top of that, most professional sports are hugely oriented towards male audiences, so it's really just a case if giving the fans what they want.
AND.....does anyone actually go to a race or watch it on TV for the girls, or for the racing??

Bottom line it's just part of the show. You don't like it, either change channels or don't go.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Those in charge want to put us all in a little pigeon hole where they can Mould us into exactly what they want.

We already have a good proportion of the population unable to think for themselves.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Prrsonally I ,like fit babes in lycra and i cant see what's wrong in that,they are not being exploited , earn good money and probably have fun shagging rich blokes
They will run out of things to ban soon the stupid aresewipes
nsr500
Your Bike: Yamaha MT10........

Post by nsr500 »

Before they went with Bans shouldn't they have asked the girls that do the job! I am sure they dont see themselves as exploited, they are doing a job they want to do, no one is standing over them with a bog stick and forcing them to do it, if they want to be grid girls or whatever term you choose then let them do it, simple...........well, it is until the PC brigade F**k it up for everyone, they all need to wind their necks in a bit.....
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well I actually I think it's sexiest that I can't model at netball events looking amazing, earning loads if cash and for filling rich ladies fantasises.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

There are some self righteous types in this world who do “being offended on behalf of other people” in order to make themselves feel needed and useful. Not consulting the actual Women involved before pulling the plug on their jobs is just surrendering to these sad no-life oxygen stealers.
sir thomas blanchard
Your Bike: yamaha xj600
Location: 10 miles west of aylesbury bucks at thame which is just in oxfordshire.

Post by sir thomas blanchard »

I hate all that PC stuff, had a whole load of it at work. even if you were busy you'd get taken off to a compulsory talk to put you right on the latest nonsense.
Blade

Post by Blade »

What's wrong with admiring a beautiful woman
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

maybe Ill get a phone call asking me to to carry the brolly. If there not going to use women maybe just maybe they want the sexist man alive to do some modeling instead. I'll make sure my phones on charge and get out the wax my balls are a bit hairy at the moment.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
D41

Post by D41 »

rocket wrote: the sexist man

(rolf)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

rocket wrote:maybe Ill get a phone call asking me to to carry the brolly. If there not going to use women maybe just maybe they want the sexist man alive to do some modeling instead. I'll make sure my phones on charge and get out the wax my balls are a bit hairy at the moment.
This you Rocket??

Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

WTF!!!!!?
fidget
Your Bike: Ktm 990 superduke R and zx10r

Post by fidget »

so what would have happened if Stoner was still racing? His brolly girl was also his wife, have they got rid of the actual job position or just the employees???
Maybe now Lorenzo and Marquez will be able to have their BFs hold the umbrellas now.
Never rub another mans rhubarb.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Good call Rossgo. Josh Brookes GF is a model and his grid girl .
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

What a load of old bollox...... if the Ladies want to make a living at this then they should, it's madness and knee jerk reactions from all quarters again. I believe they make a decent living at it, it can be a spring board and a window of their talents to go into other work, possibly modelling, marketing, in fact anything they want to do.

If they did not enjoy the job there would not be anyone doing it. But the ladies who do this have chosen to do this, using skills set they have, and want to use, where others might decide to be a doctor or scientists, engineering, or work in a shop or factory.... man it's just bonkers. In fact some may well be who knows?
I will have to dig out my photos from last years BTCC for my grid girl fix now lol
The high heel shoe industry will suffer now! They really do not think things through. I saw a post the other day saying that F1 is now totally officially the most boring Motorsport fixture.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

To be fair its only F1 that has made this decision to date and its now an American owned series so we shouldn't be surprised really.