What do you want to praise today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: What do you want to praise today?

Post by C00kiemonster »

Monty wrote:Can you do a drawing?
The rear view with my skillz
Attachments
girl.jpg
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Her ass implants need to be re-done.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

(rolf) (rolf) (rolf)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

The garage in Gosport that have just mended our car. Couldn't have been more helpful, fix was expensive, but they stayed on Saturday to get the parts together and changed a few things around to get us in as we are off back to Frogland tomorrow. They even offered lifts to and from where we are staying as they know we are visiting. Nice to find such service :) The missus can get yet more shopping in the car tomorrow now :(
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My mate, for offering me an all expenses paid trip to see Blues play Fulham this weekend.

Coach down, river trip on the Thames with free food and booze, posh seats at the football. Dinner then a coach home.

Sadly I can't make it ;(
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Garmin..

As I'm getting a bit more into the trail running I treated myself to a new running watch. It's an awesome but of kit. Built in heart rate monitor, all the usual running stuff, and navigation. I can draw a route on Google maps, send it to the watch and it will navigate me round the route.

It came second hand from eBay (they're bloody expensive new) and its got a real problem keeping track of it's altitude. This causes knock on problems with other stats.

I've emailed Garmin about it and they've offered to replace it with a factory refurbished, and fully tested one.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Monty

Post by Monty »

That explains a lot, it looked like you had parachuted into a run the other week on Strava!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Monty wrote:That explains a lot, it looked like you had parachuted into a run the other week on Strava!
What was equally as amusing was the 3x5 min miles I ran at the start of that run. I think strava fixed that up though.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

A mystery donor has given £4m to a west midlands charity for the homeless.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I can’t believe I’m typing this, but fwiw I’m praising Tesco’s.

Mrs Gees school unpacked their ageing Christmas tree in early December only to find that it was damaged, a bright spark phoned the local Tesco asking if they wanted to “donate” the school a new tree on the run up to Christmas, as the existing one was not safe for the kids. They said they couldn’t prior to Christmas, however they were prepared to do so after the festivities were done and finished.

This morning, the stores own demo 15ft tree, complete with lights and decorations was given to Mrs Gees school, all repacked and ready for use come next Christmas.

I know it’s after the Festivties, and I know the big stores make a killing prior to Christmas, however they didn’t have to do this, and I’m pretty impressed that they have tbh, well done Tesco for an unpublicised act, that no one bar a few school teachers knows anything about at present. (clap)

P.S. This will be announced in the School newsletter next week, so if we could keep this out of Social Media until the end of next week I’d appreciate it. Thanks from Mrs Gee.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nice one.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Deegee wrote:I can’t believe I’m typing this, but fwiw I’m praising Tesco’s.

Mrs Gees school unpacked their ageing Christmas tree in early December only to find that it was damaged, a bright spark phoned the local Tesco asking if they wanted to “donate” the school a new tree on the run up to Christmas, as the existing one was not safe for the kids. They said they couldn’t prior to Christmas, however they were prepared to do so after the festivities were done and finished.

This morning, the stores own demo 15ft tree, complete with lights and decorations was given to Mrs Gees school, all repacked and ready for use come next Christmas.

I know it’s after the Festivties, and I know the big stores make a killing prior to Christmas, however they didn’t have to do this, and I’m pretty impressed that they have tbh, well done Tesco for an unpublicised act, that no one bar a few school teachers knows anything about at present. (clap)

P.S. This will be announced in the School newsletter next week, so if we could keep this out of Social Media until the end of next week I’d appreciate it. Thanks from Mrs Gee.
What a lovely act.. congrats Mrs Gee!
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I am gunna praise Mrs CT! Ahe randomly decided to pick up my guitar and start teaching herself...

Shes doing really well! Ive told her that ill leave her too her own devices as i dont want to interfere but she knows im here for any help but shes doing really well.

Gunna take her out and treat her to her own guitar soon coz shes taken a proper liking to my 1960s fender strat and without aounding iverly precious that thing is my baby so gunna get her her own 60s reissue or something. But very impressed well done her :)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

https://www.purityessentialoils.com.au

Now this is the website of a workmates wife, she used to work in the cosmetics industry and has turned her skill and knowledge to essential oils and associated products. All the ingredients are locally grown on their property and Geoff (my workmate) runs a boiler/steamer system to extract the oil compounds.

Now the reason I’m giving them a rap, is I have a pretty close friendship with Geoff and as such have talked in length about Byron and his issues. Well he talked to his wife about it all and she researched and developed a oil blend for Byron and packaged it in a roller for me too try.

It had an amazing effect. The trip away with Byron was relative stress free, his behaviour was fantastic. His general mood has lifted and his self management of stress and frustration has gone leaps and bounds. Even gaming frustration (one of our biggest causes of meltdowns) has been self managed, with him just putting down the games if he gets wound up. That’s never happened without my intervention. He even has noticed the difference himself and asks for the roller in the mornings if I’ve been slow to get it. Really looking forward to seeing how it helps with the stress of school.
Last edited by kiwikrasher on 15 Jan 2018, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Nice, I might try that on Ella. And maybe Sarah (lol)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It says website not found
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:It says website not found
Fixed the link, forgot the .au
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Oh no.....more feckin' hippies!! (rolf)

Site actually looks really good mate....I'm going to show this to my mate I did the vegan candy-thing with.....him & his missus are doing sommit similar with oils or candles, or sommit like that (which gives you an idea of how much interest I take...).

(y)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:Oh no.....more feckin' hippies!! (rolf)

Site actually looks really good mate....I'm going to show this to my mate I did the vegan candy-thing with.....him & his missus are doing sommit similar with oils or candles, or sommit like that (which gives you an idea of how much interest I take...).

(y)
The older I get, the more I realise mainstream medicine is limited, close minded and geared to profit the pharmaceutical companies. Even independent research is scoffed at by respected Drs because of the leverage the drug companies put on them.

My aunt I recently visited has a degree in homeopathy and was quite impressed with the oil blend, and gave me some great guidance in my quest to stay off nexium. (Currently 6 weeks off but dealing with major reflux as a side effect of the nexium, never had it prior to the medication)

Call me a hippy but the compounds we need for good health and healing already exist in nature, we don’t need to synthesise them and suffer the side effects.