For fooks sake

The news and your views about biking
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Re: For fooks sake

Post by Monty »

For fooks sake, you're going to be back on a 125 at this rate.

Really does p!ss me off how this system punishes the wrong people. My insurance went up 500 quid one year after some one knocked me off, non fault and no claim made. Cnuts!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Crap news Kwackers, still at least we can be thankful you weren't badly damaged yourself.
(wait) I don't suppose you happened to ask if the police have subsequently recovered the offending vehicle, and detained the occupants.? -Apparently there are solicitors who pursue individuals to recover such losses ? ;)
Kwacky wrote:I've spoken with the Police. The plates were cloned..
http://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... 20#p108891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

If I've lost my no claims the Street Triple is going to have to go.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

StMarks wrote: (wait) I don't suppose you happened to ask if the police have subsequently recovered the offending vehicle, and detained the occupants.? -Apparently .

It;'s an untraced driver. They don't know who he is, where he is or where the car is. The police didn't turn up on the day and no arrests were made.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:It's an un-traced driver. They don't know who he is, where he is or where the car is. The police didn't turn up on the day and no arrests were made.
Will these circumstances not enable you be to make a claim with the MIB .? https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/c ... s-process/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

gutted for you mate the way insurance is done is wrong and its getting worse
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:If I've lost my no claims the Street Triple is going to have to go.
(doh) :@
sir thomas blanchard
Your Bike: yamaha xj600
Location: 10 miles west of aylesbury bucks at thame which is just in oxfordshire.

Post by sir thomas blanchard »

i'd have a good think about letting a bike go, is taking it off the road for a year any good? Once a bike is prematurely sold there tends to be a financial loss because you haven't had the expected use/mileage. If, later you were to think to replace it than there's that extra cost of getting a 'new' bike sorted to your requirements.

i often think of going down to one bike to save money but so far i haven't done it, also can you shop around for a better deal on insurance or, failing that, limit it in some way to make it more affordable. Sorry if this is all suff you've been through, just thinking what I'd do. reminds me of a cartoon i've been doing on older bikers - i know you are not an old biker of course.

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Thanks Sir Tom, but I've got no where to store a bike I'm not going to use and leaving it outside unused for a couple of years won't be any good for it. I got a really good deal on the Street so I won't lose much money on it. In fact if I strip it back to stock I reckon I would make money on it.

My insurance isn't due until May so I've got some time to sort things out.

St Marks - I've dealt with the MIB for over 15 years and it's not a pleasant experience. Take a case I've got at the moment. A man, let's call him Geoff, set up a business insurance policy for AMC Motors which allowed a number of vehicles to be used on that policy. The only problem is ABC Motors haven't heard of Geoff, don't know a thing about the insurance and know nothing about the cars on the policy.

Geoff starts selling insurance to people on this policy. It's called Ghost Brokering. One of the drivers has a crash and injures someone. The injured person, Claire, instructs solicitors. Claire's lawyers do a search and find the car is insured with Tankslap Insurance. Tankslap write to ABC in stroppy terms because ABC haven't told Tankslap about the crash. ABC know nothing. Tankslap investigate and find out about the scam.

Tankslap tell Claire's laywers.
Claire's Lawyers write to the MIB
MIB tell Tankslap to deal with it because Tankslap are on the database as insurers
Tankslap tell MIB about the fraud
MIB say "prove it"
Tankslap prove it
MIB say, "tough, you're on the database
Tankslap remind the MIB there's no isnurance so MIB have to deal. To prove it Tankslap produce a court order which is a declaration that the policy of insurance never existed
MIB tell Tankslap tough, you're on the database

That's been going on for the last 2 years

That's what it's like to deal with the MIB.

P.S. I've paraphrased

So in my case as there's a policy of insurance on the vehicle with that registration mark. The MIB will write to those insurers and tell them to deal. Then it's stuck in a loop. By the time it's concluded (if it ever is) I will have paid higher premiums and got a claim against my name.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Really sorry to hear this buddy. Insurances are a joke they blame the victims very quickly. I feel for you having to sell the street, I understand your feelings on that, because of a pr&ck that is selfish. What can be done to stop this from happening, why should innocent people have to deal with this. Hate hearing stories like this those tw@s in the car won't ever understand the hard work you do to be able to put yourself into a situation of having something nice for yourself. Your whole life you work to pay off bills, keep the roof above your families head, be able to have nice family holidays and it's nice to be able to have something for yourself like the Street but now you will be punished and not the criminal which means regardless of even if you do make a little cash on the parts, you now have find the time to strip it, you have to negotiate with the dealer to take it back, you have to do the work.

We have finger print devices in all our phones nowadays...yet for a car...doemthing that can be used and has recently be used as a weapon to cause death hasn't got any security lile this.

Anyway ranting now on your thread which im sorry about mate

Fingers crossed it's not all as bad as it seems now and you can find a reasonable insurance quote with this claim in the coming months

Keep us updated on this thread mate would be interested to hear what happens from now if you don't mind

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

That’s shit news. Sorry to hear that Kwacky.

Is there anyway round it by repairing the bike yourself or is it too late for that now?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've asked the insurance company if that's an option.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Fingers crossed mate

Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

FFS! It's always stacked against the law abiding people...the scales are tipping so far the wrong way, scum win every time.
You work your arse off to buy nice things, to enjoy these things and some little A-hole can rob you of this in one go.
Yes you are OK which is a major plus for such an incident, but this is the same as getting mugged on the street by four hooded youths! The outcome is the same...stressed, less money in your pocket and now having to pay the price going forward. The laws need to change its been going the wrong way for as long as I can remember with insurance and costs. The covers does not seem to be worth the paper it's written on, so in the end where is the protection?

So I would assume this lots have now put a new set of cloned plates on the car, have no insurance etc... and will be doing it again, next time they could do even worse to someone else.

If the police were not so streatched they should attend these types of incidents, get people's names and details, in the long run it would save a lot of time in money, if the world thought in a joined up way.
Let's see what happens if I end up like this and ask for details, they say no, I take a picture of faces!!!! Yep you know the outcome, it will end in violence, scum won't like that, things will happen... and a downward spiral will begin...
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I’ll help you fix it and I’ve got an empty garage at your disposal
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

It's already been recorded as a claim though so I doubt fixing it yourself will help at renewal time but fingers crossed for you. How much no claims did you have as from memory you don't lose all of it, 'just' 2 years from it I think?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cheers Andy. It's an easy fix, the parts are the expensive bit. The entire front cowl needs replacing.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Andy, it was 5 years now it's 3 years NCB
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I hate to say it but I agree with Andy. Insurances already have it jotted down so whatever happens there will be a increase. This is what happened to me and I didn't receive a dickie bird from insurances but for 3 years they used it against me regardless.

Scummy people in this world. Something needs to be done. There s very little protection against this action

duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Just watching the tv and Swinton insurance ad says their policies cover all their drivers against uninsured driver claims. Wonder how well that works in practise?