What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Kwacky »

We had all sorts of bugs when our kids started nursery. It would be the same after each holiday. There's not much you can do about it.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Fog.

Car drivers get so excited when they see fog.. do you know why? Because they haven't used their fog lights in a while! Visibility was NOT reduced unless you wanted to do a bit of sheep spotting; we were riding a tunnel of clear air, you could see for well over 500m if the road was straight enough so there's no need for fog lights....

...."but I haven't used them all year!"

Tough Sh!t!!!
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Pot holes!
Ok so lets ignore the fact that I had to go and get a new tyre the other day because I hit a pothole the other night and put a bulge in the tyre wall and talk about 1 specific pothole.

So on the 27th Dec me and the Mrs were driving to my mums and on the dual carriageway and see a pot hole and manage to swerve it, not exaggerating this pothole is about a metre long, quarter of a metre wide and a good 10cm deep, 5 cars are pulled up on the verge all with flat front right hand side tyres, bloody dangerous so I call 101 and explain to them that they need to send someone there to help the people and sort it because there is going to be an accident.

next day go past and its been filled but very badly. About a week later I'm driving home and see the roads closed due to accident in exactly that spot so that repair held out well....

they repair it again, better this time I thought....wrong ANOTHER accident there this morning, taken me nearly 2 hours to do my normal 35 minute commute!
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Quality or a distinct lack info it these days in all areas.

Most will know the problems with the new house but here is a list of recent deliveries this week all received damaged.

Bin from John Lewis dented
Mirror from Wayfair cracked
Coffee table from Indigo dented

What's wrong with companies. My bosses mantra is the standard you accept is the standard you receive. I can't deliver poor quality work it won't be accepted so I get it right 1st time. Why can't others. We are buying from reputable UK retailers not cheap rubbish from the far East of the internet.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Blade wrote:Quality or a distinct lack info it these days in all areas.

Most will know the problems with the new house but here is a list of recent deliveries this week all received damaged.

What's wrong with companies. My bosses mantra is the standard you accept is the standard you receive. I can't deliver poor quality work it won't be accepted so I get it right 1st time. Why can't others. We are buying from reputable UK retailers not cheap rubbish from the far East of the internet.
You sure you've not p!ssed the posty off?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Monty wrote:
Blade wrote:Quality or a distinct lack info it these days in all areas.

You sure you've not p!ssed the posty off?
Either that or his address is on a black list somewhere ;)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Must be me on the list (facepalm)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Today was a triumph of utter lack of planning and basic understanding of our product by our office. I am quite a long way from being impressed tbh.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Manflu, urgh.

Other than that the workshop staff at work, the foreman will probably have "Replacement parts are on order" on his grave stone. Twit.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

:D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

People who go into work when they are ill (because they take time off so often for no good reason) and then pass the bugs around the rest of the staff.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

A first world problem but a lack of phone line/internet. Some workmen down the street chopped the cables for quite a few houses but it's not them that I blame, It's the slack skiving reprobates who laid the cables 2" down rather than the 12+ which they should be... I was just getting into a good film on Netflix when I got literally cut off (John Wick).

Then BT openreach claimed not to be able to dig a hole to fix it... Is that not what they do? Lay and repair phone lines?
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Last week I was out early walking the dog, nearly back home, when a car coming towards me bounces right up the kerb onto the pavement and back into the road. It then drives past me and the driver pulls over. I don't think much of it till I turn and see the driver get out and start scraping ice off the windscreen. I walk over and see the windscreen is totally covered and he couldn't see anything. Knowing that often my dog runs off ahead and she could very easily have hit her or me I ask him if he's (swear) ing stupid? He says "that's why I've pulled over"
(swear) ing moron literally had just headed off with his windscreen thick with ice. It's a good job I was in sight of home because I genuinely came close to losing it and caving his door in lol. I had to just walk off in the end after calling him every name I could think of and reading his number plate back to him and telling him not to let me catch him doing it again.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

What a tit. Some people really have no sense. Luckily nothing came of it but next time he might not be so lucky

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

British weather. Its shit most of the time.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Bloody shift changing again. Out here on days but someone’s gone sick so from Wednesday I’m swapping into nights for my last two weeks. Will be the fourth trip in a row I’ve finished off on nights. Getting over it. Takes me 4-5 days to come right once I’m home.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thats crap news Kiwi. Hope it doesnt happen next time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo wrote:Thats crap news Kiwi. Hope it doesnt happen next time
I do. The smug git is always going on about the bloody weather. It serves him right.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

(rolf)

+1. I hate people who always go on about their nice weather
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

People who moan they're busy but work to the letter when it comes to their hours.

A solicitor I work with is forever moaning she's got too much to do. She arrives 5 minutes before she's supposed to start, leaves on time and always takes an hour for lunch.

I don't begrudge anyone having time to themselves and not being a slave to work, but if you're really that busy, put a shift in from time to time. Or take 30 minutes for your lunch, or take some work home or even work from home so you can do a full day.

She's also moaning she's not hitting her targets. Erm. So how busy are you really?

Stop moaning if you're not prepared to do anything about it.