What price for taking life?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

What price for taking life?

Post by C00kiemonster »

Driving away too... Scandalous. Is there any deterrent at all for breaking the law now?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds ... s-42277944

(fubar) (facepalm)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: What price for taking life?

Post by D6Nutz »

People are too used to not seeing any police these days and think they can get away with anything.

This has been said many times before, but we need more visible policing.

That said the met where out in force round Paddington tonight, there where at least 6 marked vehicles and they where all carrying.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

There's a massive increase in driving away offences. Even more reason to get a dash cam
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

That sentence seems unusually short...BUT - I don't know what is the 'right' length of time for sommit like that??

The 'running-away-and-hiding-evidence' part would bother me more than the actual accident.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I cant beleive that he tried to hide it by replacing the windscreen, just seems so wrong, even if id messed up i feel that id do the right thing and try and get the poor guy help, its my mistake the least i can do is try to make amends, not hide it and cover my own arse!
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

His driving ban is longer than his prison sentence, that doesn’t seem to make any sense.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
fidget
Your Bike: Ktm 990 superduke R and zx10r

Post by fidget »

the thing is it's not a deterrent.

the only thing that people respond to now-a-days is humiliation.

if criminals were faced with,

chain gangs
stocks in public locations (their towns)
removal of societies privileges, you break the law that keeps you within, you lose the benefits of it. Prison etc should be something you fear, not complain about when you can't get sky movies.

I offered up a 10 point system to my local MP and it got ignored, very simple one really.
When you begin your sentence you have your cell and it's basic requirements, toilet, bowl, water, window, bed etc.
Each time you misbehave, you drop a point and therefore a privilege, take the window glass, take the toilet, give a bucket, remove the mattress - you get the idea.
As you behave, you get these things back.

Also, as you are in prison and have been found guilty you have no rights as earned by those who live without breaking the law, so whine all you like cos you don't have a voice until sentence is complete.

with this is place would you risk prison?

I'm not a git really, I'm just fed up of the country going to bits and people getting the rough end of the stick - time for a change.
Never rub another mans rhubarb.
D41

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:His driving ban is longer than his prison sentence, that doesn’t seem to make any sense.
I'm guessing the ban won't start until after his release.....a lesser punishment to continue long afterwards. Tiered, if you like.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I don't think conditions in prison are the issue. Nordic Counties have very relaxed prisons with all sorts of amenities. Their re-offending rate is really low. I think it was Denmark or Norway who had a real problem with prisoners not reoffending so they had to rent out the cells to other countries.
D41

Post by D41 »

Yep...but they also go to great lengths to re-educate their "guests", which is the key factor.....the wrong prison only serves to build a better criminal....the right one will build a better person.

As with almost anything in life, education is the answer.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Literally wrote a massive rant down but wouldnt post so going to just make this a simple post

3 quotes from news

'He was jailed at St Albans Crown Court for two years and three months'

'Investigators calculated his vehicle was travelling at more than 60mph in a 40mph area as he accelerated away.'

'After Mr Caban's DNA was found on the damaged screen, which was forensically linked to the Mini, Woodcraft handed himself in to police.'

I am proper ashamed of this country.
2 years 3 months........not even 2 yesrs 6 months. To be honest I'm shaking I'm so angry.

The bloke ran away. He thought he was going to get away with it and hid the evidence.

2 years 3 months.....wow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk