Sim only phone contracts

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Sim only phone contracts

Post by rocket »

Just about to change my phone provider been with ee / orange for year but poor customer service recently has pi$$ me off so im looking for a new provider. Quick look round i can nearly half my monthly payments by going virgin (which piggy back ee) or tesco that piggy backs o2. any one have any recommendations.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Re: Sim only phone contracts

Post by Monty »

Three, the Indian call centre customer support I've had has been second to none. Not a joke and the coverage in the Peaks is very good.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
rocket

Post by rocket »

how long have you been using 3 ??
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Monty

Post by Monty »

About 5 years. The EE 4G network is probably better, but the Three 3G network has better coverage where I am.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Plus I travel a lot with work and this saves me a lot http://www.three.co.uk/Feel-at-home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Worth looking at GiffGaff, they also piggyback O2, but set up in a different way, we've got 4 sims from them in phones and tablets and don't pay a lot for it.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I wouldn't touch O2 with someone else's, not after they changed the terms of my contract mid term so they could increase the price when they felt like it.... Oh and then increased the price twice in the same month.. Feckers...

On EE now, sim only, 11Gb data unlimited everything else. £14/pm. Not had to deal with customer services though.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Monty

Post by Monty »

The 02 signal in the Peaks is pretty good too.

From what I've seen it's pretty much EE, Three, O2 and then a long way down the road Vodafone.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
rocket

Post by rocket »

short version . problem with mast in area. Effecting all networks how ever still paying for a service thats not working.

Cause your out of contact sir i can not do anything ..... im paying for service thats not working ....been with you 5-6 years with various contract phones etc.. nope nothing i can do why dont you look at changing network. Will do bye.

Im under no illusion that they all dont give a monkeys about customer service etc.. money in money out . but they pissed me off so im leaving
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

probably best to find out which networks have the best coverage in your area. I swapped from 3 to EE for coverage a few years back since i couldn't get a signal at home with 3 and a lot of places i frequently traveled to. 3 have improved now here and i was going to swap back to them as EE were too expensive but they offered me a good price to stay @ £8.99/month for 4 gig data and more calls or texts than i'll use.

I've had to deal with EE customer service a few times and they can be quite tiresome and slow on the uptake whereas when i dealt with 3 they were excellent. If it wasn't for the marginally better coverage and price i would be with 3 though but it took a lot of effort to get it to this price but i may see what 3 can offer once my sim contract reaches 12 months as i'm paid up until the end of it.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Gif gaf
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

You looked at Plusnet mate.

Some good 5 quid sims and they use the EE network.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Surprising you don't think EE customer service is good as they have always been excellent with me, only problem now is they are ALWAYS upselling which royally pisses me off, I hate that fact BUT as soon as you say no they fully understand and stop straight away!

Our mast wasn't working over the weekend and as a result I got no signal!! However it's now back up and working and am getting good signal again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
rocket

Post by rocket »

I asked for a puk code and had to do it over the phone. the person i spoke to was very surprised how i have been delt with but still did nothing really to change my mind. Im under no illusion that they all as bad as another.

Im guessing you are signed up for a contract rossgo. How this all started was my neighbour complained about he signal and got 2 months free for him and his son. But since im not in a contract im not a customer they want to hold onto. Which in theory is backwards as im the one that can just move on at will.

im now with 3 i have a cheaper monthly rate with better minutes / data etc,
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Personally I think all customers should be treated equally regardless of contracted or not. Not surprised you are peeved off when your neighbour got discount and you didnt.

Glad you have got something better for yourself sure 3 will welcome your business

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Glad your sorted mate.

I went with EE on other people's recomnedation and their claimed coverage.

Wish I hadn't they have crap coverage.