What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by D41 »

You're a party animal.

It's The Fourth Of July!!! Happy Birthday America!!!
Which means I'll be doing bugger all today.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Just paid off our remaining balance for our holiday to Mexico...hurry up January

Do you ever wonder where you seem to get the money for trips away or treats you pick up etc....then realise you working blinking hard to get them and feel blinking proud of yourselves for actually living life and have pride and honour for putting the effort in, that's how we are feeling right now. Love life

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Worked 1 night shift last night due to having loads of holiday recently. For half the shift I felt like a bit of zombie and although not having much energy in myself tried not to show it to my colleagues, which seemed to do it's job!! Woke up at 8AM yesterday and since then have had approx 2 hours worth of sleep using the very popular 'cat nap' routine every so often, feel fresh as a daisy at the moment

Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cleaned out all my tool boxes ,cleaned every tool,re organised them,cleaned my push bikes,went to the quacks and got signed off sick for another three months
Hope we have a good summer :)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I'll have to bring my pushbike round so you can service it
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Kwacky wrote:I'll have to bring my pushbike round so you can service it
Any time when you want
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Going to do a bike ride with my 87 year old dad to a cafe in Derbyshire
Sun's out lyrica all the way :)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Aha.. the word "lycra" makes me cringe but I wear it all the time and it's so comfortable and good for sport
D41

Post by D41 »

Lycra makes me think of late '80s metal bands.

But yes...it's great for cycling, and for bike riding, etc.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Do you 3 want to start up your own fetish thread?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Going to pick up our eldest from the Airport later. Our summer visitors start - our favourite time of the year (bear) (y)
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:Do you 3 want to start up your own fetish thread?
Not the worst idea I've ever heard....
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Having a stand up argument on my little own some with a very forceful road laying crew with a manager who couldnt be reasonable to save his life a very gobbie supervisor and ten pretty intimidating looking guys wondering why some nobhead Manc is throwing fooks into there day.

I stood my ground for 2 long hours this morning before I made a few calls to regional construction directors and contractors managers and the dicks outside after 6hours of discussion have now accept my concerns as genuine and in need of addressing correctly.

Everything at this new house is a fight to get done right. Honest truth is I've had enough but the stubborn pig in me won't let it drop and they can get this home built right if it kills me. It may actually do so (blush)

Could have rode the bike today and could have took my 2 sons to there first day at their new school and collected them afterwards to support them but no all day from 8am this morning arguing with Construction people on site.

Worst thing is I had the foresight to see today's issues and made efforts to avoid the drama but may have just p1ssed into the wind for all the good my efforts did me.

Ahhhhhhhhhh (gah) and breath again (swear)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade I really hope everything works out for you buddy, that sounds blinking crap sometimes you have to stand your ground to get things sorted but certainly doesn't help when they act like that. Fingers crossed what you have done is enough now

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Today washed and polished the car. I have now come to the co cousin I don't lile white vehicles, they are blinking annoying ad they get dirt, tar spots and dead flies everywhere and are very difficult to get off!! But got there in the end and now I don't want to even drive it anywhere as it will just get dirty again and I can't deal with being out in 32 degree heat again but have got a nice little tan from doing so

C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Having a stand up argument on my little own some with a very forceful road laying crew with a manager who couldnt be reasonable to save his life a very gobbie supervisor and ten pretty intimidating looking guys wondering why some nobhead Manc is throwing fooks into there day.

I stood my ground for 2 long hours this morning before I made a few calls to regional construction directors and contractors managers and the dicks outside after 6hours of discussion have now accept my concerns as genuine and in need of addressing correctly.

Everything at this new house is a fight to get done right. Honest truth is I've had enough but the stubborn pig in me won't let it drop and they can get this home built right if it kills me. It may actually do so (blush)

Could have rode the bike today and could have took my 2 sons to there first day at their new school and collected them afterwards to support them but no all day from 8am this morning arguing with Construction people on site.

Worst thing is I had the foresight to see today's issues and made efforts to avoid the drama but may have just p1ssed into the wind for all the good my efforts did me.

Ahhhhhhhhhh (gah) and breath again (swear)
Blimey. Whats wrong with the house dude?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Looks like you're not alone

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/ ... developers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Don't ask Cookie mate I would bore you to death pal :)

250+ snags some minor some major.

To give you a flavour 10 floors to be replaced, drive to be ripped up and re done, shower and baths to replace, about 15+ Windows to be replaced, both gardens to be excavated and land drains installed and returfed, kitchen units and appliances to be replaced I could go on and on and on (blush)

You have to watch them like a hawk as otherwise one bodge job is replaced with another.

Next door have had the patio replaced 4 times and the amtico 3 times. Others had walls and ceilings taken down to repair leaks.

Nice homes, high end fixtures and fittings but fitted by cowboys. They won't get away with it and it will be a lovely home when it's finshed.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Yep, I work in the construction industry and with very few exceptions I wouldn't touch a new house with a barge pole.

It's not so much that the builders are sh!t (most are) but more that the finance model is broken.

Most new houses are sh!t before they're actually built.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Don't ask Cookie mate I would bore you to death pal :)

250+ snags some minor some major.

To give you a flavour 10 floors to be replaced, drive to be ripped up and re done, shower and baths to replace, about 15+ Windows to be replaced, both gardens to be excavated and land drains installed and returfed, kitchen units and appliances to be replaced I could go on and on and on (blush)

You have to watch them like a hawk as otherwise one bodge job is replaced with another.

Next door have had the patio replaced 4 times and the amtico 3 times. Others had walls and ceilings taken down to repair leaks.

Nice homes, high end fixtures and fittings but fitted by cowboys. They won't get away with it and it will be a lovely home when it's finshed.
OMFG :@

Good on you for pushing them hard but can't be easy.

So many stories of poor developers these days - you have my sympathies. I'd have built it better mate (mm)