Global warming

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Global warming

Post by Rossgo »

C00kiemonster wrote:The only way is legislation and strong legislation at that.

Take plastics for instance. Legislation against plastic bags has made a huge difference to shopping bag habits. The differing (and often non recyclable) plastics on our foods and products. Ban them. Do it gradually, but do it over 5 years not over 30 or 50 when another government will change their mind.

If plastic is the only solution to some foodstuffs, set a standard that can only be used and can only be recycled.

The only issue is money and vested interests in government. ;( in this country.

In most of the world they still dont seem to give a sh*t
Are we talking about 1 country or are we talking about the world. What you are suggesting is a minor issue compared to what really needs to be done. It's too be of an issue for one party to change. We need all parties, all countries for the rest of time to get behind the issues that screw our world up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Small changes make big differences. If we continue to blame everyone else and do nothing ourselves then nothing will change.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:Small changes make big differences. If we continue to blame everyone else and do nothing ourselves then nothing will change.
In our own country then yes it will make a difference to our environment but can you see China or Thailand taking our steps will they include a congestion charge into their cities to cut down on emissions and traffic, will they stop cutting down millions of trees at a huge rate, will they stop using polluting fuels to power their cities. They need as much money as possible so they can't stop doing what they are doing. We need a shock to bring it to a halt. As long as governments are making money thats all they care about. So unless someone comes over and says 'I've got a great idea which solves all environmental issues and makes big paper' governments will carry on doing a lot of talkong but not getting any where fast.

As everyone is so happy with our worlds population growing at a very quick rate there will always be demand, that demand will force our ways to carry on for the foreseeable future.

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Cav wrote:TLDR

We're all going to die and the people in charge don't give two sh!ts about anything other than their bank balance
What on earth does that mean??
Everyone...rich or poor, cares about their bank balance. Everyone. The rich probably less than most as they can afford to take the hit if things take a turn for the worse.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

A nuclear war should sort everything out.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

D6 wrote:A nuclear war should sort everything out.
They reckon Chernobyl's alright now don't they? Nature has adapted and is thriving again
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Too trueImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:
D6 wrote:A nuclear war should sort everything out.
They reckon Chernobyl's alright now don't they? Nature has adapted and is thriving again
Nature - the simpsons saw this before us

The next GIF is jist funny!ImageImage

D41

Post by D41 »

Google tells me that there's a few hundred people living in the affected area/immediate vicinity. The Ukrainian govt. reckons the area will not be "safe" for @ 20,000 years.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

There was a good BBC documentary about it recently. It's pretty safe in a lot of areas, with the reporter getting less radiation than she had on the flight over there. Nature has done an excellent job of reclaiming the area.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

China is making huge steps towards sustainable energy. They invest far more on solar energy than any other Country.

It’s us in the West who are draining the world by burning fossil fuels.

There is some stat somewhere that says that if China alone used the same energy per person as the average Westerners then they would need to be bringing a new power station online every 45 minutes for the next 50 years just to keep pace.
D41

Post by D41 »

Don't you feel that China...and other countries like it, is sort of a blank canvas in that regard? Much of it is still a backwater, surely??
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Yep, much like America and Russia. Massive amounts of resources and loads of places to get stuff done.

It's Europe that's fecked for space.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

We are only naming a few countries here though. We will need to literally deal with every country in the world to be able to have a clean environment. I dont believe we will see this day for a long time. We are still filling the earth with rubbish. 2020 is just around the corner and we still dump crap into our land. Surely in 2019 this should be a thing of the past.

D41

Post by D41 »

It may only be one country, but China has roughly 20% of the world's population within it's borders. It's worth looking at.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo, you're coming across as if you think it's ok to do nothing because others aren't helping.

I don't know if that's your intention.

We all have a part to play. Every change has to start somewhere.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

That's not my intention. Sometimes I come across as being very flat. It's certainly not ok. We should be a lot further into this process by now. I mean I've been sayong for years why don't we use reusable bags for things, and yet now we have only jist started using them and we still get plastic packaging on fruit and veg what is going on. When I went to France I didn't see a single fruit or veg wrapped up in plastic whatsoever. It was all so fresh and massive. Pisses me right off. More needs to be done than what's going on now but the whole world needs to get behind it. There should be global standards on certain things eg energy we should be a lot further down the line than we are. It's crazy

D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Rossgo wrote:W2020 is just around the corner and we still dump crap into our land. Surely in 2019 this should be a thing of the past.

Yeah - we should be firing it into space by now using warp engines. 8)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D6 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:W2020 is just around the corner and we still dump crap into our land. Surely in 2019 this should be a thing of the past.

Yeah - we should be firing it into space by now using warp engines. 8)
ImageImageImage

On a serious note why aren't we recycling more. Why does packaging always state, check your local recycling center. By now everything should be recyclable surely? Black bin bags should be a thing of the past. We have stopped using them in shops yet every individual uses them in their home which gets dumped into the earth.

StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:It may only be one country, but China has roughly 20% of the world's population within it's borders. It's worth looking at.
China may come in for a lot of criticism, however it is the only country that has taken a stance to make appropriate action to address the underlying force that is causing the world's exploitation....
The fundamental (& increasing) issue of overpopulation.
Isn't their "One child policy" (now two child policy) something that the whole world needs to adopt.?