Ducati Glasgow and Triumph

The news and your views about biking
nsr500
Your Bike: Yamaha MT10........

Ducati Glasgow and Triumph

Post by nsr500 »

So Ducati Glasgow are taking on Triumph also and moving to a purpose built dealership at Hillington Park Ind Est in 2017 with Triumph servicing etc taking place at DG meantime, good for the team at DG, i hope they do as well wil Triumph as they have with Ducati, good luck to the whole team
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Re: Ducati Glasgow and Triumph

Post by D6 »

Sounds interesting. 2 great brands together. I am Biased owning a Speed though.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Fwiw I was at a model launch at my local dealer and Bruno T made a small speech, it was all about how they wanted Solus dealerships etc and all the benefits that went with them (no competition and narrow opinions/skills), I wasn't impressed and thought it short sighted and rather precious tbh despite the cake bribes on offer.

That was pre-2009 and things have changed since then, I still feel the same, that single manufacturer dealers are not the best way forward for anyone, glad to see DG expanding into Triumph - Sales, Service and Parts guys all get more experience and a wider knowledge of how things are done elsewhere, and customers get two brands in close proximity that gives better choice and less chance of said punter walking away somewhere else, that can only be for the good surely?

Just my tuppence worth anyway.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I think the thing is with certain brands like Triumph and Ducati, the people that buy those bikes already know they want one of those bikes. Call it brand loyalty, or cool factor whatever. But generally A guy interested in a Ducati will want a ducati. And having a Kawasaki next to it will not change his mind.

I can maybe understand it a little more with Jap bikes, I don't know why, but a mix seems to work better.