What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by rocket »

Blade wrote:Full clean, valet and polish of the bikes
can not wait to get the gixer back to polish all those scratches out. Hopefully picking it up tomorrow
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Bit of t-cut is all it needs mate, that and some elbow grease.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Congratulating our eldest daughter who only went and got a FIRST class degree in Psychology at Sheffield and also the job she wanted this week too.

F**king get in! You always want the best for your kids but she worked bloody hard all the way through her education and its paid off.

Absolutely over the moon today :)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Smashing news. Well done.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Great news. Always like to hear hard work pays off and sounds like she thoroughly deserves the fruits of her labour. Well done and congratulations.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Give her a great big well done from us Cookie, working hard and getting results makes it all worthwhile, great to hear of someone nailing it!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Been on a packed standing room only commuter train out of London at rush hour for 2 and half hours with no air con available. It was pure agony.

Some bloke on the chew chew reckons it was 36 degrees C in our carriage and strangely I had just read an article in the paper saying public transport was struggling with high temps and apparently it's illegal to transport cattle in temps above 30 degrees C. Well although I m sure that's true it obviously doesn't apply to humans (swear) . I'm not a big guy but I was struggling so god knows it must have been unbearable for some and I particularly felt sorry for a pregnant woman and a lady with a young baby.

Now enjoying a well earned cold beer in the hotel restaurant but I don't think the snobby waitress is best pleased I'm in shorts and t-shirts. Well she will have to get over it as I'm hot and hungry so its feeding and watering time as far as I'm concerned ha-ha (wasntme)
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

C00kiemonster wrote:Congratulating our eldest daughter who only went and got a FIRST class degree in Psychology at Sheffield and also the job she wanted this week too.

F**king get in! You always want the best for your kids but she worked bloody hard all the way through her education and its paid off.

Absolutely over the moon today :)
Fantastic! Well done!
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Thanks all. It's the end of what seems like a long road of getting her through education, we have one more to go and she has one more year. Such a relief to have one well on her way!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Congratulations to get Cookie you guys must be very please for her. Hard work pays off [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

buying another van. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

not buying another van! because the bellend sold it and informed me as i was half way there to collect with a friend, even though i had viewed it 3 hours previously and had agreed a deal.
:@
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Yesterday I handed in my notice :)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Frankie wrote:Yesterday I handed in my notice :)

What (shocked) surely this is a gag.

You have a dream job and your loving it, I can't believe you have wrapped, surely not (shake)
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

No gag mate, I will expand next time we meet, yeah great fun, I wanted a complete change, I was looking how many bikes I have sold so far, i was amazed, you don't realise how many until you make a list of the months sale....As you say working with bikes, selling, both of which I enjoy.
But for things to work in any job you need all the pieces to fit, a decent foundation to build from. As I say I will speak more freely on our next hoon. :)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

If it does not work it does not work ... and i think you are brave to stand up and change. Lots of people would just carry on as its easy (I have done in past jobs for years being in a wrong bad situation)

However I was going to hound you for loads of test rides on my next bike DAMMMMMM YOOOUUUU
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Frankie wrote:Yesterday I handed in my notice :)
Frankie its a shame but I can only repeat what others have said. You clearly know what works and what doesn't, and if your not able to carry on for whatever reason then I guess you have to make that jump. However you have always maintained that if this line of work didn't work out then you have got something too fall back on with your previous career. The main thing is you've tried what you wanted and you only get one life so well worth trying what you want
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Sorry to hear that but so long as you're doing what makes you happy then it's clearly the right choice.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Human Factors continuation training this morning.

Yep, as good as it sounds! |-)

Still, got the afternoon off so that meant I could go and watch the boy at his school sports day. (And his current teacher and his old teacher running around in their summery sports kit!!! (inlove) )
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

rocket wrote:If it does not work it does not work ... and i think you are brave to stand up and change. Lots of people would just carry on as its easy (I have done in past jobs for years being in a wrong bad situation)

However I was going to hound you for loads of test rides on my next bike DAMMMMMM YOOOUUUU

Sorry mate, you can still do that, but I can tell you what you want now S1000 RR with performance pack - just need to choose the colour. Or my favourite the S 1000 R Sport (my model) for a lot less wedge. They do it in black for 2015 sweeeeet.

Nothing else would suit you mate to be fair, just my opinion. :)

Yes it's a shame as the team there are excellent a real good bunch, but there is an element which is not going to work with my vision and wellbeing, so for that reason I have decided to move on.

Not sure what the feck I am going to do, but what ever it is it won't be that ha ha, I might just jump on the bike and bugger off.... Next post will be from loch ness always fancied a trip up there. (nod)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Itchy wrote:Human Factors continuation training this morning.

Yep, as good as it sounds! |-)

Still, got the afternoon off so that meant I could go and watch the boy at his school sports day. (And his current teacher and his old teacher running around in their summery sports kit!!! (inlove) )
You need to get pictures and share with us all :P

Slight change of subject. Is it wrong when I found out who my lads teacher is for next year my first thought was, nice one she is a smoking hot milf (happy)