Well wasn't expecting this!

The news and your views about biking
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Well wasn't expecting this!

Post by Blade »

When mounting the shock fit a washer between the frame and top shock mount point. It's effectively the same as lenghtening the shock / adjusting the ride height. Good free mod.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers for the explanation Blade, never knew that!! Great cheap mod [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Update! Parcel force Basingstoke are a joke. Rang up 2 times talked to 3 different people and not one from Basingstoke depo! Talked to the last guy from Aldershot depo and he said I wasn't the only one conlaining about that depo. He said they have massive problems!!

Luckily my dad on hand and he got chatting to a parcel force driver and he said that Basingstoke have a new manager who is changing everyone's routes. He has suggested to my dad that my parcel may be put down on the system as being on the lorry but if it hasn't arrived by now them the likely hood is its still in the warehouse because none of the lads knows quite what's going on.

This does not surprise me I deal with lorry drivers a fair bit and hear this story a bit now in the last 1.5-2 years.

So after about 30 mins of reasoned arguments I have now decided they are incompetent and have demanded they now leave the parcel at the main Post Offic in town tomorrow.

Let's see what happens!!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Crap service Rossgo, they should refund the handling charge IMO. Hope it turns up tomorrow. Have you still be able to use your bike ??
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Asked about the refund and they said I had to ring another number and to be honest after waking up at 0450, taking dog out for a walk, a full day at work with a very heated discussion at the end of the day, then gym to relieve the stress, then do food shopping, then with having to talk to 3 different people for 1 problem. I was shattered and couldn't be bothered getting the number haha!! I must sound like a whinging moany old barstard but I'm genuinely not lol!!

As for using the bike, I haven't been able to do anything with it. I usually use it once at the weekend and If I can then twice but think that's what's making me frustrated because I really want to go out on her. Think it was last weekend when it was really nice and I just saw sooooo many bikes and I was sitting in a car...not cool man, not cool!! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Well it arrived yesterday. Only a week late and at the wrong place! I asked to collect it at the post office and instead it went to the house. But no need to panic my parents had just walked through the door when it arrived coming back from the cinema!! talk about good bloody timing!!

Anyway swapped over the old for new (ish) and took for for a little ride around the block - didn't even get out of second, but first impressions seem pretty good, seems more taller but didnt seem to bother me.

Now waiting for the weekend to properly test it out. May go through my set up again as front seems a bit soft at times.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

If the shock you've put on is relatively new then it should feel better, which may show up the front. Given the age of the bike it might be worth changing the front fork oil.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Apparently only 10k on it.

The front has only just got the fork seals replaced so guessing the oil would of been changed when that got done? For what I use it for and my ability the bike is superb couldn't ask for much more in all honesty
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Yep, the oil will have been changed.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

That's great news. I've fiddled with the settings now. I've just put everything to standard need a ride now been too long!!