What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Kwacky »

Giving blood this morning.

I might go out on the bike later this afternoon.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My head was a little light so I didn't bother going out on the bike.

Instead I turned to that greatest of English middle-aged past times, the garden centre. Visited a couple of places, picked up some gravel, stones and plants. I've made a little half barrel pond.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've been to the gym, then to the fish shop, mowed the lawns, cleaned a couple of tanks out, rescaped another.

Off to a mates 50th tonight.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Pub
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

It has been a while since I've been around but there are reasons I feel I need to offload.

In the last month a number of things have happened:
_We thought we were losing our unborn child after my Wife was experiencing contractions. Thankfully baby is absolutely fine and mummy too - it was pelvic girdle pain.
_While in hospital for the above I had a phone call to say my Nan was in hospital and they had determined she was palliative so I went to visit while waiting for the final confirmation all was okay with baby.
_The next day to the above I had a heated argument with my Father who also had a shouting match with my Wife in our home. He was there to tell me that a dearly loved member of the family (and somebody whom I idolised) had been accused of, and admitted to, multiple counts of illegal activity involving 2 other family members.
_The following day to the above my Nan passed away The first family member I've lost. The day after this I rode the wave of relief for my Nan's passing (in the last 9 months she had a fall, broken her femur, had a heart attack during surgery, caught covid, got over covid and immediately got pneumonia, went in for second attempt at surgery, had another heart attack in surgery, leg remains broken, horrendous infection, sepsis, and it all continued like this for the remaining 7 months. She had suffered enough!
_2 weeks ago I was a proper idiot. I had 2 nights to myself and it was too much time to think. I'd been fantasising over a friend of my Wife and I and it was getting more and more scared that one day things might happen. When in person, I did not feel anything towards this person, but when I was on my own I would end up with a developing story and fantasy. Well anyway, I messaged her in an attempt to get rid of these thoughts and it was obviously a stupid thing to do. I moved out for a few nights and talked things through thoroughly with my Wife. She decided to give us a chance to fix it so I moved back in. So far so good.

So anyway... that's what's been happening with me
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's a lot to deal with. Sorry to hear about your nan.. Good news about your wife and child.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've been to court for a real life in person hearing.

Milton Keynes hasn't changed.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

My 20-mile bike ride turned into a 28-ish mile ride thanks to my keen navigation skills. I'm knackered.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Yesterday was my official end date. Lots of mixed emotions. Offshore has been a big part of my life and identity for over a decade. A bunch of workmates I lived and worked with for all that time are now good mates and will be missed. By nature of the job most are scattered 4 corners of Aussie. The reality of a handsome pay packet not landing each month is hitting too. Had a crap morning till I gave myself an upper cut and got on with life.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.