Neighbour disputes

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Neighbour disputes

Post by Kwacky »

As it happens when I was out washing the bike the guy who owns next door turned up. His delightful tenant wants him to change a couple of lightbulbs (facepalm).

Anyway, Martin is going to have a word.

Perkles, Martin still has a track bike but he's more into off road now,. He's been doing those BMW off road days and he loves it.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I've been quite lucky with neighbours really, Found some of them a little irritating, but they've probably found me equally as irritating (especially that moment when I got the SDS hammer drill out a 9am on a sunday (blush) , in my defence I'd been up and working for 2 hours.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:As it happens when I was out washing the bike the guy who owns next door turned up. His delightful tenant wants him to change a couple of lightbulbs (facepalm).

Anyway, Martin is going to have a word.

Perkles, Martin still has a track bike but he's more into off road now,. He's been doing those BMW off road days and he loves it.
Change a couple of light bulbs??? Stick them up his arse more like. :@
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

collect some different neighbours (so no one person is blamed) rubbish bags when they put them out and empty them in his garden. (giggle)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You don't know how tempting that is
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

I live in an end of a block of "town houses " (5 terraced together) so I'm effectively in a semi-detached. My neighbours are great - vegan punk rockers from Jarrow! It's a nice place to live - everyone on my street nods and says hello and it's pretty chilled out. I suspect I'm the pain in the arse neighbour that they all talk about! :D
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

We moved in to our current house 15 years ago. Cul-de-sac in Penn, just out side Wolverhampton.
One side of us was an elderly couple and the other was a family with 2 grown up sons still living at home.
Although I'm not a religious person, the estate is and is known for its Anglo Saxon Church and strong parish. The elderly gentleman next to me was the Church Warden and as you followed the Cul-de-sac round, nearly everyone were quite elderly and church goers

Move forward 5 years, Spudlet No'1 pops out and the wife of the elderly couple next door passed away leaving Lloyd by himself. Lovely man, deaf a s a post which isnt a bad thing.
Move forward another 5 years and Spudlet No'1 is joined by his twins brothers ... but the on the otherside sell up and move.

Another couple with 3 kids move in and thats where the fun starts .... they have Larisa who is 10 years old, Eva who is 7 and Max who is 4.
They have no respect, no self pride and no consideration for others. They allow them out in the garden during the winter with tshirt and shorts on, they allow them to run up an down the street, shouting and screaming and although they havent got big fancy cars, they allow the kids to climb and jump on the bonnet and roofs. They have a push go karts with solid plastic wheels which makes a right noise on the road and I lost the plot one Saturday morning at 8am when they were outside, going up and down on this kart but by the time Id got dressed and went outside, they'd gone out ... they had left the kart outside so I put it in to my garage and took it down the tip the next day.
The kids were scoffing Easter eggs and left the empty Easter eggs boxes on the driveway, theyre still there now

Its as if they live in the 80's, he's a litigation solicitor and she doesnt work. He is shit scared of her. He has a wardrobe full of Arran Cardigans, chino's and knitted jumpers with snowmen and teddy bears. She wears trousers under her armpits and turn ups. They keep chickens and have recently had a dog.

We know Larisa is Autistic and we think the mom is as well, I know it effects people differently as the Fun Adjuster works with Autistic children every day. But she is weird

This dog is a lovely looking animal but yap .... it doesnt shut up. They keep her outside and she sits there yapping at the back door. We cant leave back windows open because of the barking. Ive mentioned how vocal the dog is but it just washes over her.
The chickens arent cleaned and they stink.

We had an episode about 3 years ago when we left off some fireworks in the back garden but then again it was Novemebr the 5th and the whole estate were at it. Next morning I looked out the back and see her collecting the spent fireworks and dropping back over our fence .... Asked her what she was doing and she told us they were ours, ok one or two may have been but not the 15 or so she threw over.

Just recently, she dropped a load of broken fencing over, I caught her doing it and went straight to her ... "well as its broken, I thought you might want the pieces back" .... her face was a picture when I told her it was her fence.

Theres two houses recently gone up for sale in the street and I know for a fact that one is up for sale because of this family.
Ironically, this family have been to view one of the houses and we know they have been to view another house out of the area, so fingers crossed.

I've seriously considered ringing up an estate agent and asking them to do a valuation .... but I was going to pretend I was them from next door.
Maybe they'll get the hint
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Sounds a bit of a butter tbh. I would just avoid him if at all possible.

Luckily out current neighbours are great but our previous house wasa totally different story. The husband was sound but the missus was a total head the ball. I never said anything as at the time I was away a lot and my wife didn't want to have to deal with any after math of a confrontation on her own as she was quite an intimidating person and very unpredictable. We moved in the end mainly because we wanted to climb the housing ladder but if we hadn't we would have probably had to move to get away from the mental witch next door.

Hope things settle down or the but job moves soon.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Bin night last night. I put the bags out in the usual place and he left them alone. Fingers crossed he's for the message.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Did you rip them open again too?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

No need, the foxes did that for me.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I spoke too soon - I had a letter today from the Council inviting me to use their mediation service for neighbour disputes.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Egg his house while he sleeps then run back to your safe zone of your comfy bed...no one can touch you while you lay there!!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I might superglue his front door shut.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:I spoke too soon - I had a letter today from the Council inviting me to use their mediation service for neighbour disputes.
And if you don't?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nothing.

The funny thing about the offer of mediation is that my neighbour doesn't know what I do for a living 8)
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:Nothing.

The funny thing about the offer of mediation is that my neighbour doesn't know what I do for a living 8)
Wrap some of oscars poo in the letter and post it :)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Good to see that Bham City Council, the most inept bunch of **** in power anywhere, are putting council funds to good use. :D
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Kwacky wrote:I spoke too soon - I had a letter today from the Council inviting me to use their mediation service for neighbour disputes.
I dont know what this means. Does this mean he's lodged a complaint about you and they are asking for your side of the story?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Can I come and rev the monster outside his house please