Neighbour disputes

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Neighbour disputes

Post by Kwacky »

They're ace, aren't they?

I've always got on well with my neighbours. Me and Perkles keep in touch. He lived on one side. On the other side was a guy called Ed, who moved to Cardiff. The Kwacky family are in Cardiff this weekend and Ed and his family have insisted we stay with them.

About 15 months ago a new family moved into one of the houses next door. He's supposed to be a doctor. She doesn't work. They've got 2 kids, one of which I think is a bit "special" as all it does is scream, at all hours of the day.

We don't have much to do with them. He won't let his wife come to the door or go out on her own. He won't speak to my wife as, according to my neighbour, doesn't show him any respect.

About 6 months ago we had a word with him about his screaming kid. We didn't have a go, we made a genuine attempt to help them. We offered to take the kid out for a walk so they could get some rest or asked them if there was anything we could do to help. He responded by telling me that I know nothing about kids and that he often hears my kids laughing and singing. I did point out that kids are supposed to do that, rather than scream the house down at 2am.

So after that we've left them to it.

We live in a terraced road. There is a tree on the pavement outside my neighbours house. For the 15+ years we've live there we and a few of our nearby neighbours have put our bin bags next to the tree. The binmen know where they are, they're out of the way.

Not yesterday but the Sunday before my neighbour was outside. He was (rightly) complaining that some of the binbags left outside were open and making a mess. I agree with him. They were. I thought nothing of it.

Last night I put my binbags out. 20 minutes later he's at my door, telling me to move my bags as they're outside of his house.

So we had a row in the street. I pointed out that the pavement is not his responsiblity, that he's not complained for that last 15 months or how ever long he's been here, in any event it's not his house and that I would continue to put the bags there. By all accounts this is "disrespectful" to his wishes. It's wrong to leave the bags outside of his house. I did ask him if he was going to start complaining about cars parking outside his house, but he tells me that's different. Anyway, after I decided to walk away, he took photos of the bags, moved them 6 inches to the left (I kid you not) took more photos then went back into his house.

You have to worry about some people. I suppose I could move them but then they're in the middle of the pavement, blocking people from walking along and blocking people getting out of their car.

I suspect he's looking for something in his life to control. He does appear to be a control freak.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Re: Neighbour disputes

Post by D6 »

you guys still have bin bags?

Neighbours can be annoying. Ours are really polite and nice people (even though she's a single scummy Mom) but in the house they are always arguing and swearing. And if we haven't got the telly on because we are reading - or if it is at night, we can hear everything. Our house is only thin bricks with no cavities so sound passes through really easily.

We have moved our bedroom to the otherside of the house. Which has solved the night time issue. And jusrt put some back ground music on if they are noisy in the day.

It's nothing we need to complain about as I think the main issue is the fact the houses have zero sound insulation, more so than them being loud.

It is still annoying if you want quiet time though.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

My Neighbour through himself under a train last week!

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/l ... -1-6588168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Let me come round and kick his head in
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Are they renting? you may hope they move elsewhere?

I've had problems with neighbours before. its not worth the stress tbh. The only thing you can hope is that they go away.

If he can't control you he will move or find something else to be sad about. I've worked with control freaks before, they are usually hopeless and take out their frustrations on others.

In my first house my neighbours opposite used to be ok - say hello when passing etc. Only until i started to do well and we had two new cars. He then started parking opposite our drive so we couldnt get off the drive easily and stopped talking to me. It was almost to the day that we bought the cars. Some people are petty minded people who find what others do far more interesting that looking at their own problems sadly.

Otherwise, dog shit through the letter box might work (rofl)
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Monty wrote:My Neighbour through himself under a train last week!

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/l ... -1-6588168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Your not that bad are you?? (sweat)
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blimey - reading these makes me grateful my nearest neighbour is over a km away :D
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Wow he's a control freak alright! Just blank him from now on easier that way!
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Monty wrote:My Neighbour through himself under a train last week!

Your not that bad are you?? (sweat)
So it seems.

Tragic really, left a 20 year old son behind
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Oh the memories this brings back, my neighbour is that screaming kid next to Kwacky but grown up by the sound of it. I have had yrs of grief from that twat, let me explain.

As a teenager he went out briefly with my ex-wife but always held a torch for her, I met her at 23 and married her at 25, he scheduled his wedding the same day so as to divide our collective group of friends, 2.5yrs later he tried to buy the house next to us, a year after that he tried again and succeeded. Then we had the usual fence issues, hedge issues and general unpleasantness, our son was born and later christened, he had a son and gave it the same name later that year, 3yrs later my wife and I separated and subsequently divorced - I bought her out of the house. Silly mistake in retrospect.

At that point I lived on my own with my dog for company, within months he was divorced as well and bought a bigger dog than mine, not long after that I had a letter from the council complaining about my dog howling when left alone, except I didn't leave it alone - she came to work with me and if I couldn't do that she stayed at my parents and was company for their dog, the dates he gave where the dog was supposed to be howling were when the dog was at my parents, oddly the council chap lost all interest when appraised of the nature of the complainant and the fact that my parents could support the fact my hound was at theirs. Obviously he'd met him....

We entered a quiet spell of about 10yrs after that, during which time I met & married the current Mrs Gee, but that all fell apart when I told him I was going to be building an extension that would be close to our boundary (quite legally btw), at that point something snapped within him and he started ranting and raving, wisely I walked away. When the builders turned up he threatened them with a crowbar, and the police were called and he was told to calm down or be arrested (unfortunately work meant I was in Truro that day, so I missed this! |( ). So the extension was built, but then he started spitting on our windows - once again the Police were called and he was warned again that this was behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace, all quiet again. Not long after that he met another woman, which in fairness has been the best thing for us, as it has calmed him down immensely. We have now had another 10yrs of peace, long may it reign.

Cookie - this guy is a guaranteed control freak, small man syndrome thrown in as well, new car every two yrs on the dot, mows his lawn same time, same day every week - Saturday at 13.30, washes his car same time every Saturday at 8.30am, his other halves car on Sunday at 8.30am. God, that is my idea of hell....
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Monty - no trams in Brum for a couple of years.

Cookie - we know the owner of the house. Perky knows him as well, he used to live at the top of our road and owned a Kwak. Myrs Kwacky is going to call him today.

Perky - You're more than welcome to.

Deegee - your's sounds 50 times worse.

I suspect it is a control thing. He had tears in his eyes yesterday when I rounded on him. So far I've been very tolerant and calm. Yesterday I raised my voice and went toe to toe with him. He seemed lost.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Ultimately the only answer to these problems is to move to a detached house.

Our previous place went downhill very quickly once the house was rented out. Came to a head with a police raid on a Sunday morning at 7am where they threatened to kick the door in and when they were allowed in, found a fugitive hiding in the wardrobe wanted by the police in Sussex.

I would never by choice buy another house connected to the neighbours.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I don't see why I should cough up another £150k to move to a house where my neighbours aren't attached to my property. Even then you have boundary disputes. A guy at work spent £75k on his dispute with his neighbour.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Exactly my thinking, it's pointless moving - these idiots are everywhere, the next house you buy might be next to someone a lot worse, my Mother lives in a detached house but she still had to go legal to sort her boundary dispute out, detached solves some issues, but not all in our experience.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Deegee wrote:Exactly my thinking, it's pointless moving - these idiots are everywhere, the next house you buy might be next to someone a lot worse, my Mother lives in a detached house but she still had to go legal to sort her boundary dispute out, detached solves some issues, but not all in our experience.
Never a truer word.

Moving just finds different idiots imo :D
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Moving to a detached house does nothing,I had the happy clapper brigade move In next to me and they caused me 18 months of misery with their stupid music and bongos.Eventually environmental health got rid of them but it took a long time and months of heartache
Didn't the guy with the kwack have to ask his wife permission. To ride it ? He sounds like a nob
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

He had to ask his wife for permission to buy more fish for his fish tank :D

He hardly rode that kwak and when he did he was setting lap records at Donny.

His wife is ace, she's gotter the balls in that relationship.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

He sounds like a right arse Kwacky, we had trouble with neighbours at our old house in Cheslyn Hay, lovely are and we had a nice little cottage 2 minutes walk from my local pub and easy to get into Brum, we actually got on with the bloke who purchased the cottage next door and helped him with his renovations, but then decided to let his two sons live there and at 19 and 20 years old with no parents around there were a lot of parties most Friday and Saturday nights tbh one of the worst years of my life I couldn't wait to move, as I say it was a really nice area and would have been happy to spend the rest of our lives there but we had to move.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Kwacky wrote:I don't see why I should cough up another £150k to move to a house where my neighbours aren't attached to my property. Even then you have boundary disputes. A guy at work spent £75k on his dispute with his neighbour.
That was our way of thinking but eventually live got to be so difficult it was the best option for us to move. When they started drug dealing too that was the very end.

Too many people really don't give a shit about anyone but themselves and when being in your own home becomes almost unbearable as it was with us, it felt best to move on.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

I've got coppers either side of me. One side the wife does undercover Liqour Licencing and they have been there the whole time we have. Their kids live at our house thru' the weekends running amok with my kids. Other side neighbours have only been there since Oct, but are really good too. They have a daughter a yr younger than mine, and they are great friends too. The husband is the copper on that side, and is in the Gangs Squad, and the few times I've seen him in his kit he looks like a stormtrooper. The whole side of my street get together for nibbles and drinks at christmas, very good sense of community up my part of the hill. Very lucky.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.