Money to burn apparently

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Money to burn apparently

Post by duke63 »

We have had someone knocking on doors round here offering to fit a free ( as in paid for by the government) electric car recharger to the house.

Sounded like a scam but no, if you google it it is genuine and there are many companies offering to fit for free.

WTF would you have something fitted that you don't need and are unlikley to need for at least another 10 years?

And why is the government funding something that 99.999% of houses wont use for years ahead yet when its already billions in debt?

You do wonder at the mentality of the people making the decisions more and more every day.
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Re: Money to burn apparently

Post by Godzilla »

I wondr if you could get one fitted and then charge people to charge their cars up :)
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I could get one fitted, and link my caravan to it and charge it up much better than wires though the open window.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

They probably want every house to have one beacuse of the piss poor range of most electric cars it's the only way to make them viable! :D
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Petrol is the only way forward :)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I don't enjoy driving a car, I think 25yrs driving all over the country as a Tech killed it for me, hence I'm looking very seriously at an electric car and having one of these chargers fitted whilst they are still free. Second hand Nissan Leaf's are priced at £8-14k which is what I'd spend on Mrs Gee's next car, lower service costs and home charging etc mean that in reality our running costs would be 10-15% of running a petrol car for Mrs Gee going to work and back and our normal driving at weekends over a 5yr period. That's very attractive for someone like me that dislikes paying out for something I only see as a necessity. The money I save could go on trackdays, new bikes, holidays or even Uni for mini Gee, whatever I do with it, at least it's my choice unlike at the moment where liquid fuel is a necessity to go to work for us and is taxed heavily.