Stephen's story

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Stephen's story

Post by duke63 »

You may have heard about this very bright and inspirational young man on the News today.

He is a local lad from Staffordshire who for 3 years has been fighting off a cancer that he knew would eventually finish him but in those 3 years he had raised over £560,000, met many famous people who have helped him do this and also done some of the things he wanted to do. He always wanted to raise £1 million for Teenage Cancer Trust.

Sadly his time would now seem to be drawing to a close ( its come on very suddenly as cancers do) but due to some publicity ( i think comedian Jason Manford has played a big part in this) the good people of the UK have pushed his fundraising to over £1.2 million in just a few days.

Not often a tear comes to my eye these days but this does it, both from the point of view on young Stephen and the many people who have helped smash that £1 million barrier very quickly.

Read more about him here if you wish and please help to raise more to fight this horrendous disease.

https://www.facebook.com/StephensStory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Sutton-TCT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Re: Stephen's story

Post by bb41 »

I saw this as well, and the update this morning on my fb page was exciting. Maybe he needs to set another target as hitting the first one has not only lifted his spirits but also his health.

Got a few problems here with one thing and another and had to deal with a horrid one last night but looked in this morning and hey it aint that bad.

His friends and family will be all the better to have had this young man in their lives
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!